FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Suicidal thoughts from medical condition and work

OPninja
Community Member
I'v Had major depression for a long time 10+ years. I've had Aquagenic pruritus for 5 plus years. thats when your skin gets wet it feels like bindies stinging you on your arms legs and chest. Up until recently I've only really had t after showers. But now its happening at work. 8 Hours of intense pain mixed with my depression is killing me. I cant handle it anymore. Should I just leave my job and look for some office job where I wont sweat? I'm not sure what center link will say about it and I'm stressing out.
1 Reply 1

Sophie_M
Hi OPninja,

We are sorry to hear that you have been struggling with such pain recently. We understand that this must be so hard for you, especially while at work. It takes a lot of courage to reach out to our online community and we’re really glad that you have. We also want to remind you that all life is important, including yours and you have significant strength and deserve to live a happy life, not just survive.

If you would like to talk to someone, the Beyond Blue Support Service is available 24/7 by phone on 1300 22 4636 or on Webchat 1pm-12am AEST on our website: www.beyondblue.org.au/getsupport  One of our friendly counsellors will be able to talk through these feelings with you and can offer support, advice and referrals.

We also strongly urge that in overwhelming moments you get in touch with our friends at Lifeline (13 11 14) or the Suicide Call Back Service (1300 659 467).

Please feel free to keep reaching out here on your thread whenever you feel up to it.