FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Why am I here

Justalooser
Community Member
I tried to commit suicide three days ago ended up in hospital under watch. I thinking like that again now I need help
4 Replies 4

Sophie_M
Hey Justalooser,

We are sorry to hear that you have been going through a rough time in recent times and understand that you need support to help you through.  We have contacted you privately to offer you support.

There are supports available to you such as our friends at Lifeline (13 11 14) or the Suicide Call Back Service (1300 659 467). 

There is also MensLine Australia is a free 24/7 telephone and online counselling service for men with emotional health and relationship concerns. You can contact them on 1300 78 99 78 or https://mensline.org.au/ 

If you would like some help finding mental health support, we would recommend that you get in contact with the Beyond Blue Support Service. They are available 24/7 by phone on 1300 22 4636 or on Webchat 1pm-12am AEST on our website: www.beyondblue.org.au/getsupport  One of our friendly counsellors will be able to talk through these feelings with you and can offer support, advice and referrals. 

We are here to support you and you do not have to deal with this on your own.  The community is here for you and please continue to post on this forum.

I wish it helped

Hello JL, I can not express enough how awful this thought is and understand exactly how you are feeling and so sorry anyone of us aren't able to be with you, that way we can be face to face and get to know your circumstances.

It is difficult to try and hide your feelings but once you've been in the same situation then it's possible to notice if someone has these thoughts, not all the time, I'm sorry to say, but you can notice their general mood and how they do respond to any suggestions, this still doesn't make you want to open up, the best part is that many on this site have felt like this, either before and/or now and aware of any intentions which we then act on as best as we can via computer.

The main problem when you ring any of these helplines is that you speak to another person each time and have to start from the beginning every time, wheres online it's written down for us to revitalise the previous notes.

When you feel like this it might be difficult for you to begin the discussion, believe me that's quite understandable, so please if you want to, take your time and there maybe tears, only wish we could hand you a tissue, but we are here to try and help as best as we can.

Take care.

Geoff.

Aaronsis
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Good morning...I dont want to use your profile name as you are far from a looser....

I wanted to let you know how wonderful it is that in this time, when I imagine it is darker than dark that you have found yourself here, to reach out, however so small, to give us the chance to let you know how much we care and how very much you are worth a life, and not just a life but life with happiness and joy, you deserve that and you are worth that.

I am also grateful you are in hospital and I hope you feel that you are getting the care and support you need, not just physically but emotionally too. Even though we are just people through a computer or phone screen and know not of who you are, sometimes the love and care of a stranger is worth so very much, to let a person know that while we don't know your face, we know of your pain and are here for you to chat, and to listen.

I would really like to chat to you some more, if you feel like you would like that, I am here with you at this time.

Here with you

Sarah xxx