FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Too much to deal with, Sick of things, Life sucks, I don't want to keep fighting anymore

Joe_the_Innocent27
Community Member

I am now 28 years old without planning on studying at either University or TAFE, I don't know which entry jobs I want to work, I don't have any net work or references, I have never known what to expect from a job interview, I am dependent on a job recruiter that seems useless as they all do, and to make matters worse it has a disability attached stigma because a dozen years ago I made destructive repetitive suicidal choices and got wrongly diagnosed with psychosis and then schizophrenia when I never actually had the mental illness

I never developed the life skills such as washing my clothes, dishes & cutlery, or knowing how to pay bills online, no one helped me develop to become a adult and I always remained as a co - dependent man child. I never had any family or friends that explained to me how to get a rent accommodation and I never had the eligibility either without working 

I had creative aspirations but could never start my dreams because I was bullied all during high school and I wanted to live on my own for my own clear mind and esteem, I never learnt how to handle my high sensitivity and become tough or sociable because I wasn't out in society and co - existing in the real world, I was never close to my father and my twin brother wasn't serious about leaving home like I am

I have wanted to live in the United States since I was 12 years old but I could never even travel without money, people or even being successful in Australia firstly 

2 Replies 2

Sophie_M
Hi Joe_the_innocent27,

We're glad that you've been able to share what is going on for you here. You have been through a lot. It is completely understandable to be feeling overwhelmed or to struggle to have that motivation after going through so many challenging times throughout your life.

We are sure many here can relate to that feeling of trying to find motivation or energy after dealing with situations that we feel set us back. Amidst all of it, even the tinest step forward is a huge achievement. We hope that you can treat yourself with kindness along the way.

Of course, if you ever want to talk - the Beyond Blue Support Service is available 24/7 on 1300 22 4636.

Take good care of yourself Joe_the_innocent27

Kind regards
Sophie M

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

I just want to add a little to what Sophie_M said...

what sort of things are you interested in?

OR

what were your creative aspirations?

dreams can be achieved. And please don't give up on hope while going for that dream. I am curious what it was or is?!?