FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Life’s in total disarray

melancholiBlonde
Community Member
I don’t know how or where to begin on picking myself up after getting laid off from work yesterday... I knew I had no chance of getting my job back the moment I stepped into that meeting... none of those in the meeting knew me well or how I work so all those hard work that I’ve done didn’t even save me from getting fired... most of the time I’m honest and take responsibility of any wrong doings, that bit ,me in the arse yesterday... I’m now thinking if I have said a white lie would I still have my job? I’m thinking if only I knew then what I know now I wouldn’t have done it... my work was my protective factor and now that’s gone, I don’t know what else keeps me here... My life is in shambles and empty... I wish I’m able to pick myself up as fast as others but I just don’t know where to starT...I NEED SOME REPRIEVE FROM THIS...
2 Replies 2

Sophie_M
Hi melancholiBlonde,    We can hear you are going through a difficult time and would like you to know that we have replied to you privately and if able, please access your emails so you can read the information we have sent you. Our counsellors are also here for you if you’d like to talk and also hope you will get the support from our community.  We’d like for you to reach out to our support service on 1300 22 4636 to discuss how you are feeling. They are experts in supporting people going through this and will listen in a kind, understanding and non-judgmental way. You can reach us through online chat, too: https://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support/get-immediate-support   If you’re feeling suicidal or are having thoughts about harming yourself, it's important to take immediate steps to keep safe. Lifeline offer crisis support, available 24/7 on 13 11 14, or online: https://www.lifeline.org.au/   If there’s ever an immediate risk of harm, the number to call is 000 (triple zero).   We hope this helps you towards getting some support with this, and that you can be as kind to yourself as you have been in sharing with the community here.   Kinds regards, Sophie M :

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

hello and welcome.

I'm truly sorry to hear about what you're going through - losing a job can be really tough and stressful, and I think that it would be normal to have all these thoughts and doubts after what happened. You don't have to have all the answers right now.

You are worth much more than your work, and your value as a person extends far beyond your professional role. Take some time to reflect on your strengths and passions, and consider exploring new opportunities that align with your interests. Do you want to share here about what you are good at? Or what you like?

Recovery takes time, and it's okay to seek support during this challenging period. Reach out to friends, family, or a counselor if you need someone to talk to. Be kind to yourself and remember that you have the resilience to overcome this setback. Take small steps, one day at a time, and you'll gradually find the path to a brighter future.

Listening if you want to chat...