FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Suicidal and Anxious

BobbyOz
Community Member
So, I’m 20 years old and dealing with some sort of eating disorder, every time I put food in my mouth, I feel sick. I’m not trying to lose weight but now I’m extremely underweight, the doctor’s say its psychological maybe ARFID. I tried to see a hypnotherapist, but they cancelled my appointment that I had been waiting months for. I’m also failing University and in massive debt with no income, I study all the time, but I still fail the subjects I can’t tell my parents about it. I’m supposed to be a genius I got A’s in school, but I got 20% on my last exam even though I answered all the questions. I suffer from anxiety and get panic attacks all the time in public, I try breathing slowly but it never works. I’ve never had a girlfriend in my life and I’m 20. For these 5 reasons (eating disorder, failing uni, broke, panic attacks and loneliness) I get suicidal thoughts every day. When I’m trying to go to sleep, I spend 30 minutes thinking about suicide. I’m agnostic but I hope there’s an afterlife because I won’t be around much longer at this rate.
This is a copy and paste so I don’t have to rewrite everything on each site I use.
1 Reply 1

Sophie_M
Hey BobbyOz,
Thanks for reaching out tonight, 
We're so sorry to hear of the struggles you've been going through. We can hear you have a lot on your plate. We can also hear that you've spoken to a doctor about your eating concerns, however, did they recommend a mental health care plan or a psychologist? If you're unsure what a mental health care plan is, please read the following webpage: Getting and using a mental health care plan

We think it could be really beneficial for you to speak about these issues with a mental health professional. If you are unsure how to access mental health support, please contact the Beyond Blue Support Service anytime on 1300 22 4636 or get in touch with us on Webchat 3pm-12am AEST here: www.beyondblue.org.au/getsupport

If you need to chat at any time, you are also always welcome to get in touch with Kids Help Line. They are a confidential and anonymous, telephone and online counselling service specifically for young people aged 25 and under. 

It's a really good first step reaching out here. Hopefully, a few of our members will be by to welcome you over the next few days. We have also sent a private message to check in with you.