FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

New Job, Haven't Started It Yet

Jason
Community Member

Hi everyone. I went for an interview last week, and I got the job, I was meant to start this past Monday, but I asked if I could start on Wednesday, but I've asked to start the following week, because anxiety has hit me again. I heard my boss was looking for another potential employer, I just can't start work yet. I will try to start next week, but I have a feeling that the boss will hire somebody else. 

1 Reply 1

Nicau
Community Member

Hi Jason,

I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling anxious about starting your new job. It's completely understandable to have some nerves when diving into a new role. It's great that you reached out to the Beyond Blue forum for support.

First things first, it's crucial to prioritise your mental health. Remember, communication is key. Make sure you have a clear and open conversation with your employer about your circumstances and express your desire to start the following week. Honest and direct communication can go a long way in building a positive relationship with your employer.

Your well-being plays a vital role in your long-term success and happiness.Remember, you're not alone in this journey. Reach out to your loved ones, friends, or online communities like Beyond Blue for support. Take it step by step, be kind to yourself, and focus on your well-being.

Take care, and I wish you all the best in your new job when you're ready to start!