FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

My mum is only 57 and has a painful 3cm lump on her breast.

coco1691
Community Member
So im back again after a couple years. My aunt and uncle have just passed in the span of a year. My mum had cancer on her face and we had to wait 2 months for it to be removed as it was huge. I was a ball of stress and sadness then and now shes found a lump on her breast that is sore and the pain is going up into her under arm. I cant lose my mum! She is my everything. My only reason to live. I wont live without her! Im 31 now. Im so scared and dont know if i can wait for her to get treatment or a biopsy. I have to wait another 2 to 7 days for a biopsy then another week for results and then they talk about treatment. I am trying so hard to be strong for her because i know shes scared. Im sitting here with tears rolling down my face thinking of self harming because I just am not coping at all. I feel like everyone around me is dying. I cant cope with anything right now. I dont have a partner and my friends have their own issues. I dont know what to do or how to handle it and having BPD its just making everything so much worse. I dont know what to do. I need her to be okay.
3 Replies 3

Sophie_M
Hi coco1691,

We are sorry to hear that things have been so hard recently, especially with the news of your mum. We understand how awful this must be and want to remind you that you never have to go through this alone, and support is always here for you.

If you would like to talk to someone, the Beyond Blue Support Service is available 24/7 by phone on 1300 22 4636 or on Webchat 1pm-12am AEST on our website: www.beyondblue.org.au/getsupport  One of our friendly counsellors will be able to talk through these feelings with you and can offer support, advice and referrals.

We also strongly urge that in overwhelming moments you get in touch with our friends at Lifeline (13 11 14) or the Suicide Call Back Service (1300 659 467).

We hope that you will find some comfort here on the forums. Please feel free to keep reaching out here on your thread whenever you feel up to it.

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Dear coco1691,

I am so deeply sorry that you have lost both your Aunt and Uncle and that your mother is so unwell...

It is really hard to stay strong sometimes, when our loved ones are unwell and afraid of what lies ahead for them...just you being their for your mum, holding her hand, sitting with her and speaking words of care can be a great comfort for her...

I just wanted you to know that I’m listening to you and do care about what you and your mom are going through...and I’m here to listen and chat to you if you feel up to it...

Kind thoughts with my care...and a caring hug if that’s okay...

Have you heard any news from your mums Dr. ....It’s okay if you don’t feel up to replying....I’m just sitting quietly next to you..

Grandy..

Sophia16
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi coco,

I am very sorry for your loss. You are so strong. Not many people are brave enough to share their stories, but you are. You should be proud of yourself for coming so far.

I know it is so difficult not to know what is going to happen next. Remember there are many hurdles in life that we have to get through, life is so hard. It will all be worth it in the end.

I am here for you and will support you.

Stay safe and I am here to chat.