FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Help needed

Farmer680
Community Member
Hi it’s a long story so I will keep it short as possible I am a farmer and also work in a hospital as a cleaner I have worked hard 7 days a week for 35 years, we opened our farm up to foster children so we. could teach them farm life something they would never experience ,we done it for ten years had two in permanent care one is still with us one 16 year old girl done a runner and took off and has made up false allegations against me no charges have been laid yet I went to court 2 months a go I now have to go back in four days I I am so scared can’t sleep properly sever anxiety I have never done a single thing wrong in my life have thought about suicide nearly every day I have even googled the fastest way to die,two people I worked with both committed suicide 4 years a go. I love my family and the foster child that Is still staying with us knows her twin sister is lying, I am so scared I will go to jail for something I didn’t do so suicide really is the only way out for me, who is going to believe a 57 year old man what do I do the stress is so bad it’s effecting my work.
185 Replies 185

Hi Farmer Grandy and everyone ☺

Good seeing you Farmer thanks for popping in and keeping us in touch with how it's going for you all.

Dear man she's really making it hard for you. What a nightmare.

I agree with our lovely Grandy best to ring the police directly you don't need more grief on top of what you have. I'm hopeful she'll trip herself up with these weak going ons. It might be a good idea to tell your lawyer too Farmer.

You're under tremendous stress I know. It's incredibly hard all the time to stay on top of the extreme thoughts.

Keep dismissing them Farmer. Alliw your next thought to say why you want to live. You have love in your life and reasons to keep going. She can't take anymore from you and your family, they need you and you them I've no doubt.

It's terribly sad people like you doing such good for people and the community have to go through this.

I hold high hope for a good outcome.

Wishing you warmth care and support to you and your family.

🍃

Hi everyone just popped back in I am doing ok but the anxiety is bad getting used to not much sleep now I am just existing from day to day, while she is going around laughing my lawyer said she now has 10 intervention orders against people why can’t the authorities see this is all a game what a massive waste of tax payers money , my lawyer said I should of got free legal aid because I am on low income as I only work 4.5 hours cleaning and don’t make much on the farm but DHS put a stop to it which he is going to pursue it further,he said I am the last dhs case he is going to do,he has seen the way they have wrecked family’s, it’s all a nightmare I keep asking myself why did we take up foster caring 10 years a go, if you knew this could happen we would never of done it. I told the police she was hanging around my work they said I had to prove it I told them we had known her for ten years part of our family I know exactly what she looks like and it was her, but never heard anymore back from them. I will just keep existing from day to day and stop the dark thoughts that are trying to take over, bye everyone

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

hi. I have read your story and it is sad the position you are in from the latest post. And I guess your sleep issues would not be making anything easier for you.

i guess that 10 years ago you had a dream, a vision, that you could do something for young people in trouble. To give them a start in life they might not have had otherwise. And now everything seems to feel it will come undone because of this situation. If you were anything like me, these thoughts would the spinning around in your in different forms that you cannot get rid of.

I do not think that much I would say here would help you overcome the anxieties you feel.

What I can tell you is this... your job as cleaner makes you a valuable person. your life on the farm makes you a valuable person. wanting to be foster parents make you a valuable person.

I also hope that you would have some sort of plan for you when you need help - containing numbers like lifeline and 000 for when you need to reach out to someone.

Tim

Hi Farmer and everyone ☺

Farmer it's good to see you. Thank you for returning to let us know how you're doing.

Completely understandable the anxiety being high poor man and sleeps not coming easily. Both play a heavy role on how we think and our frame of mind.

I remember yrs ago being incredibly tired and not able to sleep.
I had a bath as hot as I could handle that was suggested which did the trick. With luck that might help if you have a bath.

I too hope they'll take into consideration her having so many intervention orders.

I understand you feeling like why did you do fostering.
Sad, very sad how she's carrying on and messing with your lives so much.
Farmer you've fostered out of the kindness of your hearts wanting to make a positive difference which I'm sure you and your wife have.
She's one person. A very disturbed one by the sounds. None of this is fair Farmer. It's cruel and heartbreaking.

Don't forget why you did this and what good you've done there and for the community.
Believing in yourself is so important though I know extremely hard under such high stress.

I really am so sorry for the pain and terrible treatment you're all going through.
Wishing you and your family the very best.

Thank you very much everyone it’s much appreciated, I need to stop these dark thoughts it’s hard when you have lack of sleep working from daylight until dark and anxiety all day everyday, her twin sister who is still living with us she is now 17 said she never wants to see her sister again after all the pain she has put us through, she put her arms around us and said I love my family and I can’t thank use enough for everything you have done for me, she said you have taught me so much over the years I will never forget. she said her sister is lying and making up more lies to cover the first lies, we had tears in our eyes, when they first come to our farm they couldn’t read write or tell the time, now the one living with us she is in year 11 and getting top marks at school The other sister that took off with her mobile phone and made lies up about us is now struggling at school but when she was living with us she was doing great at school but her phone was more important than her family, my daughter who is a Div one nurse,and my other daughter is Dental nurse , can’t believe what’s happening she has intervention orders out against me and my family but the other week she sent my daughter a txt message saying she has a new mobile phone number we were dumbfounded we sent it straight to the police his direct email address. sorry if I talk to much. thank you for your support much appreciated.

Hi Farmer ☺ and everyone 👋

Please don't feel you're talking too much. No not at all. It's great you're letting some pain out.

We care and can see you're in a really bad situation and are here because we want to stand by you.

Good on you working so hard to support your family.

I wonder do you think it could be worth seeing if your GP could give you something to help with sleep and anxiety.

Beautiful what her twin said to you both. She spoke from her heart by the sounds. You need to hear some good things to remind you what good you do.

Farmer always listening anytime you need to talk ☺

🌿

Hi Farmer680,

I've been talking here for over 3 1/2 years lol, others a lot longer so you're definitely not talking too much lol.

Just to let u know I had those thoughts when I was in the thick of my situation but now that I'm out of it I'm ok.

I didn't expect to win my case bcas odds were against me but I suprisingly did.

Sometimes we don't know where the path will lead but with supporting evidence on your side you just don't know when the tables will turn.

It can feel soul destroying but hang in there farmer.

I echo what DB said I stand by you too!

Much love and prayers for a good outcome.

💗

Farmer

i have read all your post and am glad there is support. I had someone close to me accused of serious allegations which were untrue. He was a farmer and avo affected his work. It is sad and unfair after you helped this girl but you know she is very troubled .

Hopefully she gets the help she needs before more people are hurt.

Take care

Thank you, I have never done a thing wrong in my life all I have done is help people, helping people with grass hay who were struggling fixing there cars when they were struggling to pay there household bills but all we got was told of by the police for not letting them have a mobile phone until there 18, if you can’t set boundaries kids get out of control they then have no respect for people, 100% of the foster children we had never knew boundaries because when you have a 5 year standing there telling you every swear word you could imagine and sticking his fingers up at you that says it all, we had one kid no carer in Victoria wanted him he was so bad,we had him for 2 years in the end he was sitting up with us at a cafe his manners were perfect when he left and went back to his parents he turned to us and said love use and he cried. so in the end we were giving troubled children a life they never had, but we are very hurt by the foster care organisation in our town they just scrubbed us after hearing about the allegations, 10 years we went to every meeting every access with out fail even the children’s mothers were praising us for the way the children were dressed and how well mannered they were. then it became a night mare and it’s been hell on earth ever since, I told the police she was hanging around my work she will be trying to get me the sack, she needs mental help, thank you everyone.

Hi Farmer ☺

It sure is a roar deal. I'm so sorry that you're all going through such malicious treatment.

I'm hopeful that your time and experience with your previous foster kids can be used in your case that you've both done well by these children.

I'm glad you're talking here, it's an outlet for you.

I'd forgotten you work at the hospital as well when I suggested a walk you probably don't have much time spare I imagine.

Are there cameras at work that could prove she's hanging around. Alternatively could someone take some pics for proof.

I really hope there are some times that you can smile amidst all this Farmer.

Stay strong like you are Mr Farmer. You have a great deal to live for.

Best to you all ☺