FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Words of comfort, encouragement and wisdom

Birdy77
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

To all the beautiful people 🌞

Words placed in a particular order can have a profound effect on us.

Words can bring us a moment of comfort, give us a different perspective, or change the course of our thinking and outlook entirely.

I would like this to be a space where we share quotes that have meaning to us or that have the potential to bring some comfort or encouragement to somebody, even if just for the moment in which they are reading it.

I will start.

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow." - Mary Anne Radmacher

Go gently with yourselves lovely people.

🌻birdy

839 Replies 839

I want to live the rest of my life, however long or short, with as much sweetness as I can decently manage, loving all the people I love, and doing as much as I can of the work I still have to do.
- Audre Lorde

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Though I am often in the depths of misery,
there is still calmness, pure harmony and music inside me.
Vincent Van Gogh

pl515p1
Community Member

From my father

I am a fancy tyre on a big limousine

"Boy It's a great life, look at me going strong, gee, we go to the best places, we go to the best clubs, we see all the fanciest people and I'm never smacked up against the curb (I'm the right rear tyre) nice, I never get scuffed up, oh it's great"

Then, all of a sudden, something happens, and I seem to be going out to the mountains now, now I'm going to the mountains? I don't go to the same places anymore, I don't see those beautiful places anymore, I've even got a different garage now.

We go to the mountains more and more now, the roads are rocky and rough, each trip seems more difficult than the last, I miss the easy and smooth roads of the past.

During one trip up to the mountains I see my buddy, the left rear tyre, and he is starting to get shred, he is falling apart.

I say to him "stay with it, stay with it lefty! stay with it!, oh come on, I'll help you, I'll take more of the load!"

He said "I can't righty, I can't, I can't hold out anymore"

"Oh please Lefty you can do it, you can do it! hold on Lefty, we're nearly there, hold on, just hold on!"

BANG!... and just like that, Lefty went.

They just jacked him up and threw him on the side of the road.

I looked at his broken body, all worn out and exhausted, after everything he has given, after all he had carried, they just dumped him there.

I looked on as they took out and put on a spare.

The spare was in the trunk all the time so he doesn't know what's going on, I couldn't get acquainted with him you know? we weren't of the same era, he didn't go through what we went through, and I never got to know him you know?

A short time later we were going up that mountain road once more, and I started to feel like I'm gonna go, and I said "well, what's the difference? I don't know anybody anymore, I'm the last tyre anyway, so"

BANG! and I go...

They come out and jack me up, they leave me on the side of the road.
Everything I did during my life, all I had carried, just to be left by the side of the road.

"I think this is it for me, I am not what I once was, I can't do what I could before, I am broken, I am tired, I am finished".

A few days go by, and a couple of kids come over and they pick me up and they roll me around a bit, they roll me around and laugh, I get a bit of feeling back seeing them laugh and smile.

They roll me down a hill and chase me, then they roll me into a backyard to tie me up to a tree, and I become a swing.

Guest_1643
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Rilke, from Go to the Limits of Your Knowledge

Let everything happen to you: beauty and terror.
Just keep going. No feeling is final.

(this quote is in the movie Jojo Rabbit)

Guest_1643
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

From Sheila Heti’s How Should a Person Be:

“Most people live their entire lives with their clothes on, and even if they wanted to, couldn’t take them off. Then there are those who cannot put them on. They are the ones who live their lives not just as people but as examples of people. They are destined to expose every part of themselves, so the rest of us can know what it means to be a human."

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello everyone...

Life can be difficult if all we see is...everything that is wrong...

Start focusing on...What’s right..what’s good..what’s constructive...

No matter what your facing..If you choose a positive mindset...you will emerge the winner...

So if you want to feel better...you have to think better..

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

What they call you is one thing.
What you answer to is something else.

Lucille Clifton

I like this quotation as it gives one control. If someone says I am lazy I can disregard it as I know I do my best and work as hard as I can.

Katyonthehamsterwheel
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Make your wellbeing and healing a top priority. Have the courage to create boundaries that will support your flourishing. Listen closely to your intuition, respect your need for rest and connect with people who are emotionally mature. Being intentional with your life is loving yourself well".

-Yung Pueblo

"Do not judge me by my successes, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again."

-Nelson Mandela

Guest_1643
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

From an Australian movie called "ladies in black"

"A clever girl is the most wonderful thing in all creation""