FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Words of comfort, encouragement and wisdom

Birdy77
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

To all the beautiful people 🌞

Words placed in a particular order can have a profound effect on us.

Words can bring us a moment of comfort, give us a different perspective, or change the course of our thinking and outlook entirely.

I would like this to be a space where we share quotes that have meaning to us or that have the potential to bring some comfort or encouragement to somebody, even if just for the moment in which they are reading it.

I will start.

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow." - Mary Anne Radmacher

Go gently with yourselves lovely people.

🌻birdy

839 Replies 839

Guest_1643
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

elizabeth gilbert - i love ur work!

“Do whatever brings you to life, then. Follow your own fascinations, obsessions, and compulsions. Trust them. Create whatever causes a revolution in your heart.”

- Elizabeth Gilbert, Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

“No matter what sort of adversity or challenge you might face, you can always believe that, with hope, it can be conquered and, in the end, you will be stronger for it.”

ypla
Community Member
"What if changing the world was just about being here, by showing up no matter how many times we get told we don’t belong, by staying true even when we’re shamed into being false, by believing in ourselves even when we’re told we’re too different? And if we all held on to that, if we refuse to budge and fall in line, if we stood our ground for long enough, just maybe… The world can’t help but change around us."

Guest_1643
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

I love this from Nanette - the Netflix comdey special with Hannah Gadsby

On humanity:

"To be rendered powerless does not destroy your humanity. Your resilience is your humanity. The only people who lose their humanity are those who believe they have the right to render another human being powerless. They are the weak. To yield and not break, that is incredible strength."

Guest_1643
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

@sophia.joan.short via social media
"The beauty of a no is hardly ever immediate"

nice one 🙂

I read this today.

happiness chemicals and how to hack them:

dopamine - the reward chemical

• completing a task
  • doing self care activities
  • eating some food
  • celebrating little wins

oxytocin - the love hormone

• playing with a pet
  • playing with a baby
  • holding hands
  • hugging your family
  • give a compliment

serotonin - the mood stabilizer

• meditating
  • running
  • sun exposure
  • walk in nature
  • swimming
  • cycling

Endorphins - the pain killer

• Laughter
  • essential oils
  • Watch a comedy
  • dark chocolate
  • exercise

Not_Batman

Katyonthehamsterwheel
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Just be here with me.

Signed. The moon. The stars. Summer. Your still-hot-cup-of-coffee. Your daughter. Your son. Your lover. Your heart. The green grass. The wild flowers. The waters you long to swim in. The colour yellow. The colour blue. Your favourite poem. Your favourite blanket. The wind in your hair. The waves on the ocean. The mountain air. Your dad. Your mum. The rain. The ice-cream cone. The butter sizzling with garlic in the frying pan. Jupiter. Paper and ink. Your favourite song. Your best friend. The fork in your hand. Downward facing dog. The colour turquoise. The almost invisible shade of pink. God. The skyline. The earth beneath your feet. Your passion project. The shade of giant tree. This moment, right here, right now. Your home. Your belly laugh. Your breath. Your breath. Your breath.

-morgandaycecil

Guest_1643
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

You Are a Marvel - Pau Castels

Each second we live is a new
and unique moment of the
universe, a moment that will
never be again . . . And what
do we teach our children? We
teach them that two and two
make four, and that Paris is
the capital of France.
When will we also teach
them what they are?
We should say to each of them:
Do you know what you are? You
are a marvel. You are unique. In
all the years that have passed,
there has never been another
child like you. Your legs,
your arms, your clever fingers,
the way you move.
You may become a Shakespeare, a Michelangelo,
a Beethoven. You have the
capacity for anything.
Yes, you are a marvel. And
when you grow up,
can you then harm another
who is, like you, a marvel?
You must work--we must
all work--to make the
world worthy of its children.

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello everyone.....🤗

Darkness cannot drive out darkness...only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Guest_1643
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Inspired by your lovely quote Ggrand.

🙂

Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let the pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness. Take pride that even though the rest of the world may disagree, you still believe it to be a beautiful place.
Kurt Vonnegut