FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Who else likes gardening?

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi everyone

I hope you're staying well today.

Who else likes gardening? I would love to connect with people here who are happy to share their gardening adventures.

For me I know that gardening helped heal my soul during tough times. I hope it will again.
Then with other things going on, it became a jungle.
I'm part way into rediscovering it again and doing A LOT of hard yakka atm, when I am motivated.

I have new dreams and ideas to put into the many bare places, as I remove thickets of lantana etc. This will all be on a tight budget and I'm ok with that.

I want to create a peaceful place where I can be.
I would like to grow food again (tell 'er she's dreamin' atm lol).
I would like to re-establish my worm farms and compost heaps.
Autumn is such a beautiful time of the year in the garden.

I'm 'alone' in my gardening journey and would love to share and hear about other's gardening antics. Hopefully we can troubleshoot any issues in our gardens and talk about any healing we're feeling too. There's a lot of knowledge we can share. I hope this thread can brighten your day!

Love Ecomama

Please

977 Replies 977

Jstar49
Community Member

Hi all,

I weeded. Again. I'm beginning to think that is all I shall ever do!

I'm not used to having nothing to harvest.

Lets have a gardening day! I need some company in the garden I think, to motivate me. We used to do that where I lived in Vic. A group of us took turns visiting other people's places for the day. The host would put on lunch and we'd get heaps done.

Cheers,

J*

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Sounds like a great idea Jstar.I wonder if you can organise something like that again.

Jstar49
Community Member

Hi Mark,

It was, it was wonderful.

I live in a totally different part of the world now, and no longer a single mum. I guess my circle has changed.

Much more conservative, more's the pity!

But would love to have those kind of connections again.

We'll see. I have cut some ppl loose so I'll see what new friendships and connections manifest!

Whats for dinner from your garden Mark? I can enjoy the thought of you eating from your garden at least. Tho I did pick up some locally grown button squash and cucumber today, and rainbow chard. So thats nice. So much firmer, you can feel the life force in them.

Cheers,

J*

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Today for dinner out of my vegie garden I had green beans and eggplant.I still picking tomatoes and and will be ready to harvest another lot of potatoes soon.I will get it ready to plant it up around Easter for my winter crop.
Take care,
Mark.

Lillylane
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi all

Picked my first chilli today. Popped it in a stir fry and really liked the flavour.

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi Lillylane unfortunately I can't eat chillies or anything hot these days.They are great to grow in the garden and enjoy the colours of them.I had one at one of my old places and it grew to a out 2 metres tall and was covered in different coloured chillies.

Jstar49
Community Member

Hi all,

while I was weeding yesterday I dug up a couple of potatoes that I'd missed in the spring harvest.

Mark I had no idea you would still be harvesting potatoes now! When did you plant them?

Cheers,

J*

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
I think I just planted them after Christmas.I was a bit slack and didn't write down the date like I normally do.You can be harvesting them up to winter here.Just waiting for the vine to completely die down and then I will dig them up.

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
I just checked my potatoes the vine is is finished and the potatoes are ready to harvest which is good it is another spot freed up.

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
I just talked to my neighbour who I planted the tree for.She was so delighted and says it's got new growth on it and flowers coming on.Its a crepe Myrtle and says it growing better then anything else she's planted.