FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Which one are you? 16 personalities

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

I found a web site that is most interesting.

We often wonder who we are, why we think in a certain way and why we clash with others or if we are introvert or extrovert.

Google

16 personalities test

I did and found I'm a "mediator" and my wife an "advocate". Such descriptions are spot on.

It could answer many of your questions of your behaviour and put your mind at rest.

TonyWK

30 Replies 30

I may do it again as a lot has happened since I last did it, will be interesting to compare results. I will get back with results.

mbti is a psuedoscience + isobel brigg myers was a white supremacist

stan Big Five Personality Traits for actual scientific merit. my main ones are neuroticism and openness to experience

mocha delight
Community Member
I got adventurer

Hi Tony,

I was looking in the Staying Well section for another topic but was pleasantly surprised to find your thread. Whilst I take all such things with a grain of salt, I do find the Myers Briggs Type Indicator to be an interesting and useful framework (among many to peruse with a critical eye) for self-analysis.

I am an INTP ("Logician" I believe they called it, I tend to use the initials). I've come up as INTJ on occasion in the tests as I sit on the border between the two. For the most part the INTP description is quite accurate (with a few INTJ traits like being decisive and not endlessly procrastinating like the average INTP) so that's the ring I throw my hat in. My partner is an INTJ and there are subtle but definite differences that the MBTI accounts for and helped me understand how we are so alike yet approach some things very differently.

I've also found the personality type descriptions helpful in identifying why I react to certain people the way I do - for instance I gel well with other "intuitive" types and tend to butt heads a lot with "sensing" types (though interestingly my best friend is one of them).

Interesting about your mother in law. I smiled knowingly at that story - I can be similarly distractable (albeit not *quite* that bad). I have the double whammy of a distractable personality type *and* (recently revealed) ADHD. I don't stand a chance!

You mentioned you're a "Mediator". That was ISFP or ISFJ, I think? How have you found the information about it helpful?

Blue.

Hi Blue

I didnt find it that helpful except it made me aware of how and why people act and respond the way they do...so different to me.

Mocha Delight- mountain climber? lol

TonyWK

topsy_
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

ISTP-T Virtuoso

I agree with the letters but have never had that label before.

Just for interest sake, I got 92% for introversion. I took the Myers-Brigg test donkeys years ago, & got 100% for introversion. I’m becoming more social in my old age lol.

fred4761
Community Member

I got 'Advocate' - INFJ.

Reading through the weaknesses and 'Sensitive to criticism', 'Perfectionistic', and 'Prone to burnout' kind of sum me up well. It is interesting really that this line "Advocates just need to remember that while they’re busy taking care of the world, they need to take care of themselves too" is something that my psychiatrist has been encouraging me to work on. It seems that I prioritise caring for others to the detriment of myself and my own needs.

I must admit that reading through the first few other famous INFJ's makes me feel a little inadequate compared to the high bar they set - Nelson Mandela, Martin Luther King, Mother Therese!

Hi Fred,

My therapist 33 years ago said "Tony, when are you going to stop saving the world"?

Similar situation. Hence the white knight syndrome.

TonyWK

Guest9337
Community Member

I under took original post test today...My current personality type is: Mediator INFP-T.

and about idk, maybe 8 years ago I was an Architect INTJ.

That's interesting to see personality is not entirely static.

Gabs_
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Quite timely - I couldn't sleep last night so I did the quiz (I hadn't even seen this post yet)....

And like both yourself and white night, I am also INFJ-T (Advocate). Did make me chuckle when I was reading it AND seeing your post....

perfectionist - tick

prone to burnout - tick

standing up for what's right and deeply held principles - tick

questioning who you are and who you are meant to be - tick

Makes you smile that as rare as we are, there are a few of us here 🙂