FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Which guilty pleasures do u spend $$ on?

monkey_magic
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi All,

For me it's lotto, poker machines and hotel stays.

Ive been lucky and won small sums of money which entice me to go back for more. I've been one number short of a first division lotto win twice. I've also won the venues $1000 win while playing a pokie.

I like change which is the reason for my hotel stays. I usually stay for one or two nights to explore a new area.

What are your guilty pleasures?

117 Replies 117

Hi Paul,

Go on...spoil yourself ! If they are still available of course 😉

♡☆♡☆♡~~~~

SilvaLady
Community Member

Hello,

My guilty pleasure is buying cross stitch magazines, but having so many projects to choose from that I can't decide which one to start with. All the charts are counted cross stitch patterns made of colour and symbols.

Nice thread, thanks. Cheers.

SilvaLady

LouiseM23
Community Member
Me too Croix, add buying plants/seedlings, and Helium, I hear you, I have an eclectic decorating style as well as love to buy things to decorate the house.

Aaronsis
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni
Oh dear, guilty pleasures day with the purchase of not one but two handbags....but very much doing a happy dance!

Another one of my guilty pleasures is buying clip in hair extensions, hair pieces and wigs.

I have thin hair so this adds extra volume and makes me feel better about myself.

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Everyone...

My guilty pleasure is wind chimes...I like the delicate tingle of them..when it’s breezy or windy...

Grandy...

monkey_magic
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
My guilty pleasure was whipping cream, adding cocoa and sugar and eating it out of a bowl with a spoon.

I'm not spending money on gambling for a long while. Simply can't take the money out when I'm up and put more in. I could have walked away from the club with nearly $500 but I walked away a dreadful loser 😞

HiveMind
Community Member

My guilty pleasure lately has been buying Yugioh Cards. I don't play it much and especially not competitively (With no desire to), but I've been trying to build a highly competitive deck anyway.
I've bought several of the newer structure deck boxes and thought "How can I customise this into something unbeatable?" Then I look at the spare cards that didn't fit, the boxes and sleeves I've bought to store them. The cost adds up pretty quickly.

I did like watching the show as a a kid and playing against two friends who collected a few cards. So I guess it's not a total waste... Just almost.

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Monkey, I laughed when I saw this thread omg so funny!

I'm such a straighty 180, I'll bore you to tears... I feel guilty spending ANY money on myself for anything.... so I'm trying to remove the guilty part... hope you don't mind??

So my pleasures have been... buying all new kitchen appliances oh yeah... lol.
Buying a gorgeous huge bed & mattress for youngest daughter and a great tall kitchen cabinet with my favourite... glass doors omg I'm in love! lol.

Having a very strict Missionary upbringing I'm trying to work on NOT feeling guilty about living my best life and enjoying my earnings. I have zero guilt spending copious amounts on others.
All I have to do is think of the ugly horrible ex and it's situation and I FEEL AWESOME spending money on myself (omg I actually typed that and the guilt is there but only a tad lol).

Recently I decided to spend AS MUCH money on myself as I give away to homeless people.

Love your idea of spending nights in motels!
I might do that for us next holidays in a motel WITH A POOL nearby and come home every day to feed our pets lol.

EM

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
I think my guilty pleasure spending lots of money on is my motorbies that I restore.It gives me pleasure working on them and looking at them and riding them.I have two registered and want to get a third one on the road.