FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

What are three small (or big) achievements you’ve had today? Let’s cheer each other on!

Alexlisa
Community Member

Hello all,

Sometimes just doing the basics is so hard. It can be tough not to get down on ourselves when we’re struggling with things that ‘should’ be easy.

But we deserve to celebrate even the smallest achievements, because they are really feats of strength when you’re unwell. It’s ok if you can’t do everything. We know you’re doing your best, and that’s enough ☺️

What are 3 small (or big) achievements that you’ve had today?

For me: 1. I washed my hair

2. I drank two glasses of water

3. I sat out in the sun for 15 minutes

How bout you? Let’s cheer ourselves and each other on!

Alexlisa

265 Replies 265

Hi all

I dropped food to my sick son-in-law

Washed my hair

Sat out in sun with my cat for a while

Sitting with your cat outside sounds wonderful Annie. I know just stopping and giving ourself permission to do that can be hard sometimes.

For me yesterday:

1. I sent an email that was making me nervous

2. I went in a shop I’ve wanted to visit but been too anxious to enter

3. I bought up something hard with my psychologist

ImLost
Community Member

New day new achievements! I have to admit i did alittle happy dance after these... be along few days

1. I met my new psychologist and only cried once 🙂

2. I went grocery shopping on my own and made it through a whole trip

3. I manage to finally complete colouring in one page of a wildlife book without giving up half way in

Nice achievements ImLost!

1. Had a good psych appt

2. Stayed out a bit longer (drove near the coast)

3. Sent an email I’d been worrying about.

IreneM
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

1) Had a good chat with my therapist (which I was reluctant at first)

2) Doing my teeth again (which I have neglected)

3) Attended a conference and was valued by other patients.

ImLost
Community Member

I am loving this thread, everyone's achievements should be celebrated no matter how big or small they are!

IreneM - those are amazing achievements! *happy dance* (really wish i could put emojis here)

annie_1 - Good on you! (I used to dread my appointments until i found a new one to go to)

Alexlisa - Congrats! there are so many places ive wanted to shop at but so worried they have "standards"

My achievements today:

1. I only woke up twice last night! woohoo! more sleep for me

2. I started to declutter my room (I hate getting rid of stuff so fingers crossed)

3. Finally talked with my partner and got alot off my chest (hes very supportive)

Zahvia
Community Member

1. I took my dog for a walk to the dog park (i havent left the house by myself in months)

2. I became a whole week ahead in my studies

3. I handed in all my paperwork so i can stark volunteering!

ImLost
Community Member

Zahvia - That is amazing! Studying can often be so hard, I have only recently caught up on my own. Being a week ahead is amazing!!!!

Todays achievements:

1. I walked to my doctors appointment today... it felt really good.

2. I had a full nights sleep without waking up for the first time in a long time:)

3. caught up on my study

Way to go on the full night’s sleep!!

1. Got my flu jab

2. which means - went to the dr

3. Vacuumed the downstairs

Good work everyone! Especially getting ourselves to the doctors, that’s a tough one sometimes.

1. Was open with my psychologist

2. Walked in a different suburb

3. Took a couple of photos on my walk, which I always want to do, but get so nervous