FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Weighted Blankets

16sundayz
Community Member

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to be posting this in but here goes. After hearing about weighted blankets being comforting for people with autism, I wondered if they would give the same comfort for those suffering with anxiety? Does anyone use one? I can't seem to find anywhere in Australia that makes or even sells them. If you have one, could you please let me know how much it cost and where you go it from?

Thanks

9 Replies 9

Rod1223
Community Member

Hi

Weighted blankets should help. And supplier in Australia.

rusti4
Community Member

I have one. And I love it. I longed for my bed the other weekend as I was having a tough time. I dunno why or how it works, but it makes me feel better. And it's so so soft.

I got mine from therapyblanket

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi. I don't use them myself but after you said you could not find any i went to google and entered

Weighted blankets

And came up with a bunch of pages in Australia. One site is

therapyblanket.com.au

And as you will find there are other sites as well. Other users might have experience with them and tell you what to look out for etc.

Hope that helps

Tim

Pippy59
Community Member

Hi

I am in the process of buying one for my partner. There are a few websites. Try neptune blanket

16sundayz
Community Member
Thanks for the replies smallwolf and Pippy59 but since I'm not working I can't afford to be spending that amount of money on one. I'll have to save up some money and get it in a few months.

Guest_1643
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
hi all - i'm just wandering if any of the users of the forum new and old have any experience using weighted blankets?
They had some when I was in hospital and I liked them. I know they aren't cheap but am considering getting one. If you bought a weighted blanket, do you use it? Do you find it helpful?

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi,

I have seen them at Harris Scarce. I think they were $80-$100. Haven't tried one but would like to.

Cmf x

Guest_1643
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

wow extremely helpful and quick - thanks so so much CMF!!

i've heard around that mark. In hospital they had a really big one and a smaller one, both did the trick!

Guest_1643
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Harris Scarfe entirely, nationally, sold out of weighted blankets (what?!) - so i'm looking further. They seem to all be around the same price, generally below 100 dollars. It's an investment but from my experience they do offer some soothing benefits. It's like a warm hug.