FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

wanting to find friends

oliver_gutz
Community Member

hey so i recently got diagnosed with level two autism and i was wondering if anyone knew any groups or services where i can make friends with autism as well preferably online if not i hope everyone who sees this has a great day night or afternoon ❤️ 

3 Replies 3

Sophie_M
Hi oliver_gutz,

Welcome and thank you for joining our lovely forums, it’s great that you’ve reached out for support. We just wanted to let you know if you ever want to have a chat or discuss your recent diagnosis we are just a call or web chat away.

You can contact Beyond Blue either via phone 1300 22 4636 or through Online Chat 24/7. 

We hope you make some of the friends you are seeking here within our lovely online community.

Warm regards

Sophie M

Bob_22
Community Member

Hi oliver_gutz!

Welcome to the forums! Thank you for your lovely post. Hope you are having a great day also. I don't have much knowledge but if you are under 25, headspace offers both professional and peer led group chats on their website quite regularly. You can find some info here: https://headspace.org.au/online-and-phone-support/join-the-community/ 

Hope that helps. Please keep us updated and be a part of our community also. 💙

Bob

OpenThought
Community Member

Hello Oliver_gutz,

I am also autistic and I know a lot of the isolation and feelings that can come from these things. Bob_22 linked the headspace group chats which I have not used but look very helpful. It helps to join chat rooms and forums, I've found ones tied to niche interests especially tend to help however it can also be very hard to really find the right group of people. Places like here offer a much easier space than a chatroom and I recommend being active here, especially in the forums for younger people here depending on how old you are. 

I wish you the best of luck and know I have been in places very similar to you. If you would like to reach out and talk to me, I'm very welcome to.

Thanks, OpenThought