FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Three things to be thankful for today

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Some days it is really hard to find anything to be thankful for when we feel overcome by the darkness and fog of depression. If I look hard enough, I can find something to be thankful for.

I would like to encourage others to write down three things they are thankful for, and to realise there is a sense of hope available to us all. Sometimes it is just a little hard to find!

So my three things for today are:

1: The lovely singing of birds in the morning as they welcome in the new day

2: The ability to read and write

3: A lovely hot shower.

Wishing all the "family" in BB Land a day full of noticing the nice things in life. Kind regards to you all, from Dools.

4,815 Replies 4,815

Boudica
Community Member

Today I am grateful for:

- time to myself to reflect and regroup

- perfect weather in Adelaide today

- lots of yummy leftovers from family Easter meal, so today I don't have to cook

TO ECOMAMA: Thanks ecomama! I'm new here but I've noticed your posts and it seems despite having more than your fair share of life trash, you are a veritable warrior of support to others!! Well done

Guest_05
Community Member

Hello. Yesterday, I was thankful for being well enough to walk around my yard. Was able to concentrate enough to do some study. Felt satisfied with what I had accomplished. Thankful for Life itself. Thankful for many things. Thankful for the beautiful caring people on the beyond blue forums all doing their best to contribute to help each other. With kind regards.

Hello Everyone. Today I'm thankful for having hot cups of tea. Being alive. Food to eat. A place to live in. A good book to read to distract myself from the negative influences around my local area. Have a happy day. With kind regards.

PsychedelicFur
Community Member
I’m grateful for music, nature, art and my capability to create self exploration written pieces.

Today I am grateful for:

- the white-faced heron nesting in my gumtree

- a text from a friend that helped snap me out of a gloomy mood

- the long, deep bath I am about to take while listening to 'the philosophers zone' podcast - bliss 🙂

Gambit87
Community Member

Today I am thankful for

Life

having a job

my girlfriend.

Boudica
Community Member

Hello peeps, hope you are all doing fine.

Today I am thankful for:

- my sleepy furball's calm presence

- My garden, it is smallish but gives me a lot of peace and satisfaction

- moral support from a friend who will accompany me to the awards ceremony tonight (feeling anxious).

I am thankful for the healing of my teeth and gums

I am thankful for my sister bring in my life

I am thankful that h and myself seem to be getting on of late

Yesterday/Today I'm thankful for - a lovely positive cheery phone call from a friend.

- good healthy food and clean water.

- mild Autumn day.

With kind regards

-

shirlld
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Today I’m thankful for

• the glorious rain I fell asleep to when I went to bed at 12:30am
  • being on holidays
  • the beautiful day that north Queensland is having today