FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Music to help you get by

Quiettall
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Good morning

I was reading through and replying to some postings today, and have a range of different songs playing in the background to help me stay positive and strong. It got me thinking.

What song or piece of music do you like to hear to help you feel better, more positive or empowered, when you are anxious, depressed, or under the weather?

For me, it is a mix, such as Pharrell Williams (Happy), or John LEnnon (Imagine) or Michael Buble (All of Me). Other days it might be Sara Bareilles (Brave) or Coldplay (A sky full of stars).

What is your go-to song or piece of music, or band, or piece of poetry?

I look forward to read the postings. It might also add to my growing Youtube clips (with lyrics) collection on my laptop.

4 Replies 4

velvetfaerie
Community Member

Hello Quietall,

I Love "Brave". Great song!!!

I love all sorts of stuff.

"Wings" by Delta Goodrem got me through a tough year last year, as did "Alive" by Sia. Boy that girl has a voice!

To dance around like a loon I love "Shut up and Dance" by Walk the Moon and "Geronimo" by Sheppard.

To tread a little on the darker side "Don't fear the Reaper" by Blue Oyster Cult. Classic track.

"Don't stop Believing" by Journey.

To get amped for my gym sessions I love things like The Darkness, Motley Crue, Motorhead, Saxon, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden......

As a now retired semi professional musician, I love ALL sorts of stuff.

That will do for now. I will shoosh 🙂

happyannie
Community Member

Hi

I love all kinds of music from Adele to Coldplay to Crowded House but my go to music has been my album from when I was 15 years old mind you I am now in my 40s,so its a trip down memory lane it was called1982 out of the blue. I think it holds great memories for me of a happier time when things in my life were not so complicated, and my beautiful brother was alive and we used to play it on repeat.

I find music very soothing and it has a calming effect on me.

Thanx

Annie

Quercus
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Quiettall,

What a great thread! At my worst I would put on headphones while the kids had a nap and try to blast all the stress away.

My absolute favourite is Jon Bellion! I would put on Maybe IDK or Human or Hand of God and just let the words wash over me until I felt a little better.

Punkey
Community Member

I'm so glad I'm not the only person who uses music as a way of life.

Music is absolutely my drug. I always have it playing and love just zoning out from the world while I listen.

My taste in music is quite broad. My favourite artist of all time has to be Tim McGraw (country so don't expect most to know it lol)

However I do listen to anything from Metallica to Faith Hill. 90s to 60s and everything in between.