FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Mental health Apps?

TillyM14
Community Member

Hi All,

looking for recommendations on any good mental health apps. Im struggling with motivation because of my depression so any suggestions are welcome 😊

6 Replies 6

Sophie_M
Hi There, Tilly!

Fantastic question to bring to the forums! Thank you!

A lot of people are reporting success with e-couch and moodgym!
Of course there are lots of people mindfulness apps in the space now too, like Calm, Headspace, and many others. You can also use a lot of webform sites as well, such as our safe planner.

Please click each of the links to give them a try, and I have no doubt many of your peers will have several great suggestions for you to try too!

Please feel free to report back with your favourites! We would really like your insight!

Regards,

Sophie M.

Beeee
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Tilly,

I haven't tried out too many different apps, but Lojong really helped with beginning my journey into meditation and mindfulness during lockdown last year. Lojong helped keep me motivated to meditate each day and helped me get out of my own head.

Hope this helps!

Beeee

livi_mivi
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hey TillyM14

im sorry to hear that you are struggling at the moment.

I personally have found an app related to gratitude to be the most helpful. I like the five minute journal app because it guides you in expressing your gratitude. I’ve also found smiling mind to be a great resource. It has so many options and programs to explore so there always seems to be a meditation that I can follow along to. I especially like the sleep meditations that they have on there!

All the best x

There's calm harm and clear fear which are really good apps.

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

A couple you might be interested in -

Virtual hope box

relax melodies. This may not strictly be a mental health app, it's ability to create sounds that are relaxing very helpful.

Others include smiling mind and headspace.

Just note that apps can be like cars or computers - what each of us look for can be different. Eg. My dad didn't like the voice of the person speaking.

Aussie96
Community Member

Hi Tilly,

Overall I haven't tried many apps, but so far my favorite one was an app called Smiling Mind.

I think this app would help you a lot as it helped me. I struggle with depression and I had been searching for an app, when I came across this app I thought I would give it a try. It has helped me a lot. ❀️