FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

How to obtain closure

Happygoluckymiss
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hello all!

i am on my journey of healing - which I am very thankful for and feel blessed that I can finally see through this fog.

I’m asking you wonderful people how and what do you do to obtain closure and move forward.

I have contemplated writing a letter, sending a text etc but I feel it may be in vain.

The closure is for me and was hoping this beautiful and knowledgeable could help me?

- take care everyone

happygoluckymiss

4 Replies 4

memorytrap
Community Member
I went to a psychic. I know it's all BS and smoke and mirrors, but after I had something seriously bad happen to me none of my usual go to avenues of psychiatry, exercise, family, could help. I was constantly ruminating, blaming myself and in a very dark place. I had never been to a psychic before (I am a sceptic), but I heard good things about this guy. Just his whole demeanour and attitude were very calming, much more calming than my psychologist, and he said comforting and interesting things that made me think about more than my problems. Immediately afterward I felt a small sense of closure - not a lot, just a little - but importantly, for the first time in weeks, I was able to see beyond the past, a way forward. It honestly really helped me mentally. Might not work for everybody of course, but it's like anything, the right person who shows some care and compassion toward you as a human being does the trick more often than not.

Hey memory trap

I absolutely believe in pyschic’s. I have been to many readings before and they have been spot on. So, I don’t think that’s out of the box or anything. Maybe I should go and see another one to help?

Thank you, this has brought me some comfort.

- happygoluckymiss

I'm glad you are open-minded luckymiss. I was just at a point where I needed to try something new, both as a fresh approach and to try and get that closure about my problem. I'll be honest, I am a sceptic but I chose him carefully after weeks of information scouring. I have to admit he said some things where I thought "how did he find out about that, who did he talk to?" which was eerie. There were some things that were quite general and not useful, but he was accurate about some years/significant events and how I was feeling at the time (specific things about work/myself I should add).

I think what I gained out of it the most was the way he articulated his advice and the way he put things to me. It was quite different to a psychologist, where the shrink might say "try to do this and it might help with that" versus the psychic's "this happened to you, if you do this, this change will occur", which was just more liberating and motivating. Even if it didn't play out as exactly predicted it at least it got me moving again and I almost achieved something. Does that make sense? Anyway, I agree, definitely go and see one again.

Thank you! I have seen 3 pyschics regularly and they all have said the same thing. Nothing that you could know from social media, google etc. I do like their calming influences and their approach to help you. I totally agree.

I saw one about a month ago actually and again - spot on. I do believe in the angels and guides so perhaps just asking and turning to them for guidance is closure enough.

i have been through a pretty rough trot, like so many before me, and I just think closure and acceptance for myself is what I need.

I probably won’t write the letter/text as it will fall on deaf ears or maybe I could and then pack it away - at least it’s out of my head!!

thank you for sharing your experiences with me. I don’t know about you, but I do find this really helpful.

- happygoluckymiss