FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Best word to describe today

Jane363
Community Member

Warmth

the sunlight is warm on my back;

people here are very warm, accepting and welcoming - far more so than many of my own friends and family - thank you so much, it has helped more than you will realise and has helped lead me to...

and finally, my self-attitude is warm and forgiving which is a huge change from the self hatred I have been pushing onto myself so much recently.

845 Replies 845

TheBigBlue
Community Member

Lazy!

I struggle very much to enjoy a day doing nothing without critisizing myself & laying blame on myself for not getting stuff done.

Today is going pretty well. Slept, watched some tv, naps & now toast for lunch. Best off all I’m still in my pyjamas & I feel all snuggly & warm.

To enjoy a day like this guilt free is so very, very nice

Fully agree with you BigBlue that we all need those guilt-free lazy days. Love the positive spin on staying in PJs. Very important to stay snuggle and warm.

Enjoy your day!

Katyonthehamsterwheel
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Uggghhh

Sometimes you can be all good and then something just comes along and it all feels uggghhh. It will pass…. But currently, uggghhh

Sorry to hear that Katy. I hate days like that!

My word for the day would be -

Ambivalence

I was asked to do something which could have been necessary, but knowing that person was really a desire to draw me into drama of their own creation. I obliged though on the off chance the need was real. Just not happily!

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello everyone

Jane

i like this thread and listening to other posts.

Katy I have too many of those days lately.

Today,

is another day

a start to

the rest of my life .

To me it is tiring

another 24 hrs to

cope with.

Today

I did 2 things in my to list.

topsy_
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Improving.

I had a list of three easy things to do. And I did them! That’s twice this week. Once upon a time I would have said 2/7 was a fail. But it is most definitely a pass now lol.

topsy_
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
😫🤯👎

Jane363
Community Member

Sorry for delay in replying to everyone. I lost my balance again and went for another tumble so I've been a bit too uncomfortable. I agree any day you manage to get the basic list achieved is a major pass! Congrats. This is not going to be my usual wordy replies because pain levels are pretty high today... Sorry Will get back soon.

Jane363
Community Member

My word today definitely has to be PAIN.

pain physically from the jarring to spine when I lost balance again (so frustrating)

pain emotionally and psychologically from all the self-defeating nasty things I keep thinking.

Yesterday I had someone tell me I was malingering and wallowing in my misery. I don't understand why people can be so supportive of someone with an obvious injury yet can be so dismissive when the injury doesn't show like the damage to my spinal nerves. I live with pain 24/7; constantly battling to improve my abilities again. Jeez I had to learn to walk again. It's taken years of constant work to get to where I am today. Yet I'm malingering and wallowing!

I'm hurt, angry and very negative today... But I'm still slogging up that mountain (cliff?) of rehab to get back to a more active and fulfilling life.