FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Addictions- keeping well with them

StephenP12
Community Member

Feeling like my addictions are still there, anyone got any distractions that don't involve so much tech use? For keeping well and more than just a simple walk, yeah technology use getting too much of a hold, cos yeah some of the other addictions/distractions are stuff like yeah diet related etc. . Nothing too bad just mainly yep food, which is shameful to mention. But is what it is anyway if the post here, if this makes sense then yeah would be good to have some thoughts of anyone. That sees this thanks, basically just some distractions to balance out the other things. And keep well that way

2 Replies 2

indigo22
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi StephenP12,

Sorry you have to wait for a response, this time of year there are less people to cover the forums.

I agree we can get totally lost in technology and it can also become an unhealthy addiction.

I think reading could be a positive distraction for you. There are a lot of choices, depending on your taste. Perhaps have 2 or 3 books of different types that you can choose from depending on your mood. For example, one could be total fiction where you can let your imagination take you places. Another could be something you have always wanted to learn about. I think you get the idea, just a matter of choosing the material that interests you. You can have a myriad of choices at your local library, so it is a distraction that also doesn't need to cost you anything.

I hope this helps a little,

indigo

Hey thanks Indigo just come back been a bit happening in the new year. To keep me occupied and well per se, but been struggling enough to come back. Will keep the reading and sort of learning, purpose that way in mind thanks