FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Accountability partner

Here2Talk
Community Member

Hi all,

From searching google I saw a post about this topic on the BB forums from five years ago. What was recommended was a couple of paid things (e.g., personal trainer).

There are communities on sites like Facebook and reddit, but these seem to be more geared around either lets have a big group and all motivate each other, or one on one and let’s drive each other in an entrepreneurial style....

I was more thinking of something non-paid, more altruistic where two people who want to improve their life and their habits mutually help each other. Like a one on one life coach sort of gentle caring motivator listening person - like myself .... those are hard to come by I guess, and they don’t tend to be public self promoting types.

10 Replies 10

There’s no question having good people to talk to is like at least half of the solution to mental health. These ideally are friends but don’t have to be- this is why psychology works for some people.

But yeah totally i see the benefit of mh orgs- there’s a gap that can’t always be filled with family/friends/professional help, so it’d could be really good for you (not that I know your circumstances).

I’m doing face to face volunteering with a mental health org myself this Thursday arvo - just like getting to know the other ppl in the organisation atm but yeah I’m excited and nervous about it….

id love to know some of your story and/or what life is like for you sleepy, if you’re up for telling me any of it that is. I’ve seen you on quite a few threads now, you seem very caring. No pressure .