FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Pinned discussions

A Bouquet for Pearls - share your appreciation for other members

Just Sara
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Every now and then, members share a beautiful Pearl of Wisdom. How often do you think to yourself; "OMG that's great! I wish everyone could see this."

Presenting someone with a bunch of flowers is a generous way of acknowledging their insightful words.

I hope this thread stays active through members giving out praise regularly to people they feel deserving, and therefore keep generosity of spirit alive within the pages of BeyondBlue Forum.

My bunch of Red Roses (my choice) goes to Wishful for the following sentence;

• 'Personally, I see no reason to be praised in me, but I'm learning that seeing through the eyes of others can be more accurate!!'

I so hear you Wishful. Just beautiful...

1. Try to keep your leading comments short to focus on 'their' words.
  2. Choose specific flowers (or a gift if you like) to present to them.
  3. Sign off respectfully and sincerely.

I hope this takes off...

Spreading the love...Sara

715 Replies 715

Dear James;

Thankyou much! I remember that post you mentioned too. Yes, I felt the fear, but did it anyway. I needed to have those words reflected back to me today, so thankyou for that. I also remember you from my early days on BB when I was struggling with my identity.

Dear Dottie;

You're welcome! Recognition in itself is a pearl. I'm so glad I met you.

Dear Wishful;

You often describe yourself as 'not all that' (paraphrasing), but what you give in so few words always makes me smile...spreadin' the love.

To all who read here;

Keep pressing those helpful buttons! Let people know they're heard, validated and appreciated for 'giving without wanting anything in return'. Each word of praise and acknowledgement is said with sincerity and intent. It's a place to remember love; not a negative word uttered. Whew! It's heartfelt, emotional.

Sara

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Croix,

Thanks for the mention and for the dandelions. Takes me back to my childhood where we made dandelion headbands and necklaces.

It was a time of fun and laughter. Sitting in the sun making our precious adornments. As I am remembering, I can almost smell the flowers!

Thanks Sara for this delightful thread.

Cheers all from Mrs. Dools​

Hi Sara

just a huge 'shout out' to Jay (Bballj) for actually reading the posts above before he posts.....especially to a new poster yesterday who had self harmed. Jay had the care factor to write;

Jay Said "Paul (blondguy) has given some great advice (I also just want to say
to Paul (blondguy) that I am sorry to read about your daughters
self-harm. She is lucky to have a father like you however and I know you
would be supporting and helping her best you can.)"

Thanks Sara, Paul

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Sara and all~

Steph6 said this the other day, and it seems to roll the whole deal up into one hard-won sentence:

If someone is diminishing your self esteem/self worth, is making u scared, cry,feel small,weak etc. there is something wrong with them.

I'd choose a bouquet of Gaillardia, a very hardy long-lasting attractive sea-side flower.

Croix

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Agree with Paul and I want to add MarkJT.

both Jay And Mark have helped me on my current thread. Jay just 'gets it' points out things I don't see and Mark, well in one of his replies he told me I needed to breathe, just breathe. When I read that it was like he was right there with me, in that moment.

im sending them both birds of paradise. They stand tall, and have a strong presence that lasts for a long time.

cmf x

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

In the thread "I'm in hell" Boo posted her 100th post.

It was typical of her caring kind nature with her supportive words.

Tony WK

kanga_brumby
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Blushing well what can i say i am now torn between two people who do i give my flowers to. (So embarrassed)

Ok I will do it this way I will give the lovely Sara a Daisy a day for her kind words about me and wisdom over the months.

i will send roses to the gorgeous CMF for crowning me king. Even though I feel I don't deserve it.

Kanga

I'll give you a daisy a day dear, I'll give you a daisy a day,

I'll love you until, the rivers run still,

And the four winds will all blow away.

You're the second person to award me the daily daisy! I'm thrilled to bits thankyou Peter! My Nan used to sing this to me when I was little...memories eh? Brings a tear to my eyes...

You're a site favourite on here with good reason...personality plus! So, I'm sending the mighty Aussie Kangaroo Paw your way for being 'a pearler of a nice bloke'.

Big shout-out and congrat's to Boo, MarkJT, Steph, CMF and Jay. May the Bluebird of Happiness poop luck on your head! (Said with sincere affection)

Sara x

So here's the thing...Peter's hit the daily double!!

I was floored when I read this today from Kanga sending CMF a song to cheer her up; sorry about the length, but it wouldn't have the same impact without each word.

He wrote:

"After many hours of deliberation a little searching then rewording the original I have decided that there is someone who needs this song, read this whilst I go and hide"

Hey CMF, don't make it bad. Take a sad song and make it better Remember to let it into your heart. Then you can start to make it better.
Hey CMF, don't be afraid. You were made to go out and get it. The minute you let it under your skin. Then you begin to make it better.
And anytime you feel the pain, hey CMF, refrain, don't carry the world, upon your shoulders.
For well you know that it's a fool who plays it cool. By making her world a little colder
Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah
Hey CMF, don't let me down. You have found it, now go and get it. Remember to let it into your heart. Then you can start to make it better
So let it out and let it in, hey CMF, begin You're waiting for someone to perform with. And don't you know that it's just you, hey CMF, you'll do. The movement you need is on your shoulder
Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah yeah
Hey CMF, don't make it bad. Take a sad song and make it better, remember to let it under your skin.
Then you'll begin to make it. Better better better better better better, oh

Nah nah nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah, CMF Nah nah nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah,
Nah nah nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah, hey CMF
Nah nah nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah, hey CMF
Nah nah nah nah nah-nah, nah nah nah, hey CMF Nah nah nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah, hey CMF

I left a few of the 'nah nah's' out, but priceless none the less.

I'm awarding Kanga a getaway at a Resort of his choice for two weeks sun and relaxation. Bloody brilliant hun!

What a kind and creative gesture...

Sara x

I will accept that only on one condition I can take the person of choice with me.

And I choose the ever dazzling Sara.