FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

LGBTQ+ Movie Recommendation: Dating Amber

zippedzipp
Community Member

Hey everyone,

I watched a great movie tonight called Dating Amber, it's on Netflix. I think it could really help someone who's struggling with their identity or confused about their sexuality. It made me cry but in a happy way :') definitely worth a watch.

Hope everyone is well!

4 Replies 4

Willow Jude
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi zippedzipp,

Thanks for the recommendation! I am always on the lookout for good LGBTQIA+ films but hadn't come across this one yet. It looks great and I'm excited to watch it!

-WJ

sbella02
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hey Zippedzipp,

Thank you! Like Willow Jude, I'm also constantly looking for good quality LGBTQIA+ movies, so thanks for the recommendation!

SB

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Zippedzipp~

There is one that always stuck in my mind, partly becuse someone I knew said they very much identified with the main character. I'll warn you it is a very gritty film that includes the violence. of the IRA

Breakfast on Pluto (2005)

The film stars Cillian Murphy as a transgender foundling searching for love and her long-lost mother in small town Ireland and London in the 1970s

Croix

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion
P.S. I probably should have addressed my greeting to Willow Jude & sbella02 as well, as my answer is probably of more use to them.
-C