FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

in love with my best friend

ceres
Community Member

I am a bisexual girl in high school, and I think I am in love with my best friend. I am *pretty* sure that she is gay; she's said some things that make it quite obvious, but since she hasn't technically come out to me, I'm can't be completely sure.

I only started liking her this year, but we've been friends for four years now, and we're really close. I would rather be her friend than be nothing at all, and I'm afraid that if I talk to her about it, and the feeling isn't reciprocated, it won't be the same between us.

To complicate things further, me, her and another girl are a trio friendship group, and I'm concerned that if we do get together, the dynamic in our group will change in a bad way.

Also, what if we break up and then we aren't friends?

I just don't know what to do.

do nothing?

tell her?

I'm not sure if I could deal with being rejected by her, but I really want to be with her in a romantic way.

any advice would be appreciated!

10 Replies 10

clara468
Community Member

Hi ceres, 

I realise this reply is way later than your original post, but I hope things worked out for you.

I've been experiencing the exact same thing with my best friend, only I'm pretty sure that she's straight. We've been friends for many years during high school, and I have had feelings for her for at least half of the time we've known eachother, if not the whole time. I've had a crush on a boy before, and been attracted to both girls and guys (I'm a girl), but I've never felt the way I do about someone until I met her, and it is getting so hard to be around her as friends now. So I know how much this sucks, and pls let me know if you ever figured out how to deal with it haha