FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Having a slight crisis atm (I'm new here, sorry if I mess something up :P)

UnidentifiedShrimp
Community Member
Is there a label for being sexually attracted to one gender, but being romantically attracted to another? I've recently realised that I'm sexually attracted to women, but not to men, and now I'm wondering if there's a label for that? I'm sorry if my wording is a bit off btw, I'm really sleepy xD
3 Replies 3

Kremit the Forg
Community Member

Heya, welcome😊

Labels can be a good starting point but because there are soooo many factors to attraction there may not be one that fits exactly.

This is a great resource to read through to see if any of these labels resonate.

https://www.healthline.com/health/different-types-of-sexuality

Please let us know if you find one or maybe even two or three😁

Thank you for your help 😄

I looked through the article that you linked and there were none that fit my dilemma specifically, though I think Graysexual and Gynesexual came pretty close. I think if I can't find a label that fits, I might just go with Gynesexual, though I'll have a look around first, see what I can find

Again, thank you for your help 😊

You're welcome😊

If there's no one single label then you might possibly go with;

Gynesexual and Androromantic.

Gyne pertaining to women plus sexual

And Andro pertaining to men plus romantic.

Sexual attraction can be separate to romantic or emotional attraction. They don't have to be combined towards one gender.

It is after all a rainbow of genders and orientations 🥳

Can i ask why is it a dilemma. Are you trying to understand it yourself or to find a descriptive label to explain it to others?

My label for myself is "me" just me💖

If i have to explain my self to others it's assumed male at birth transgender woman lesbian atheist. They usually just say oh... Let's just go with your first name. Hahaha 😋