FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Where can I get help for the accused Family (content warning: potentially distressing themes)

Soul_shattered
Community Member

I am desperately seeking a support group for the families of accused sex offenders.

My brothers step daughter has made some horrific allegations against him and because i have chosen to support him everyone is turning there back on me.

I have done nothing wrong!!! but the judgement is just as bad for me as it is for him.

I am so desperate for someone to talk to but there only seems to be support for the accusers and there family not the accused at all.

I know i have years of hell in front of me and i know i will not survive this if i don't find some support, somewhere.

14 Replies 14

romantic_thi3f
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi,

I just wanted to let you know that I found a reddit support group for people falsely accused of crime. It's r/SupportForTheAccused
It seems to be quite active so I encourage you to have a look. They also have a Discord Server as well.

rt

MiriE
Community Member

Firstly I'd like to say sorry that you're going through this and thankyou for posting this. 

My partner has been falsely accused of a crime and we are just beside ourselves. Since a detective called to invite him in to talk, on video we just are not sure what to do next. Both he and I have never had any issues with the law and just feel completely overwhelmed. 

Emotions are high and I trying to hold it together for him and myself.

Dear MiriE,

Thank you for finding the courage to post in our forums during this emotionally difficult time for you. We are a helpful and supportive community which helps its members with their anxiety and depression.

We understand that you are scared and confused because of the things that are now occurring. We would like to encourage you to call BeyondBlue on 1300 22 4636, or Lifeline on 13 1114, to talk to someone who can help you keep it together whilst you are helping your partner.

As for anything legal, we would encourage you to contact Legal Aid in your state.

Warm regards,

Sophie M.

Wronglyaccused
Community Member

I completely understand your frustration. More so understand how you brother is feeling. I myself have been accused of some hoffic crimes by my said step daughter. And yes what help is there????? 

Bugger all I believe. I'm seeing a psychologist and it just seems very genetic in there replies. As the accused we have to live a normal life knowing we are in for a hell of a fight as the law in our case is guilty until proven innocent. The money we have to spend to help us along side of trying to live a normal life.  Back this up with under legal age teens that can choose not to have certain things happen but yet are treated like under age minor. Being that, a physical examination was offered but mentioned it can be traumatic. So said accuser refused. Yet if it was a minor they have no choice if parents consent. Yet both said parents consent to the accuser getting it done but because of her age she chose not to. I'm all for it being done. But back to what support do we have. Nothing. 

Dray
Community Member

I totally understand where your coming from. My son is innocent. I am praying that justice prevails.