FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Relationship Breakup

Rails
Community Member

I was in a relationship for the last 7 years, that has had its up and downs. There has been times where I felt I should have left the relationship, but I’ve stayed and worked through issues . Recently my partner cheated on me and we worked through this in counselling and changing aspects of our relationship. 6 months on and out of the blue my partner has decided to end the relationship. He has stated that he doesn’t feel “wanted” and that “there is no passion or excitement” (we are 43 and 40). This has come as a complete shock as in the past 6 months we have made some significant changes, selling and buying houses together and making plans for the future . 

I have just felt so blindsided by the change and am struggling to even function in a normal way. I feel like my entire world has crumbled in front of me and I have no control over anything that is happening. I can’t sleep, eat or even think about other aspects of my life . 

I am also stressed over the finical situation of the relationship ending. I also am worried that it will all become too much and I won’t be able to cope at all. 

I don’t have any close friends or family and would be living alone. I work and love my job and this is my main purpose . 

Also at 43, starting or even thinking about a new relationship or being hurt again seems impossible to even comprehend.   

I think I’ve always had issues with rejection and mental health and it just seems like this is a lot to deal with. 

1 Reply 1

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi, welcome

I know exactly how you feel having had 3 long term past relationships/marriage of duration of 7,11,10 years and now happily married for 12 years, yep finally got a good one.

I think you are anticipating a lot about your future being single whereas it can be liberating and you'll have another opportunity to meet others that might just be better value and treat you for the princess you are.  Rejection is hard to swallow and this grief period is most challenging. I suggest you seek a family law solicitor and allow him to deal with your property division. That way you will be released from most of the negotiations. 

Seek a goal upon final settlement like a holiday somewhere you've dreamed about going and feel the benefits of freedom from someone that violated the partnership. 

I have some really good video links, just google-

Maharaji Prem Rawat  +

the perfect instrument

sunset

all is well

I hope that helps.

YOU DESERVE THE BEST 

You might think you arent good enough

but you gave someone the best

the greatest chance of redemption

when he deserved much less

And just as the sun will always drop