FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Partner facing jail

GemAndLogan
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi all,

My partner struggled with an ice addiction for about a year and a half.

He is now clean and has been for around 6 months, he's doing really well now and I'm proud of him.

However he is still dealing with the mistakes he made while using the drug which included some illegal activities and almost destroying our relationship by being unfaithful.

We have managed to work through everything and are in a good place but the legal ramifications are ongoing.

He may be facing jail and we are both terrified.

I wish the judge could just see he is a good person who made a mistake, he pays for that mistake every day and will never go back.

I understand that there are consequences to all actions but i think jail will be a backwards step.

I'm really stressed out about it and cant imagine what i'll do if he does go.

Has anyone ever been in this situation before?

13 Replies 13

Hi Gem,

It is great you are seeing a psychologist already.

I do understand how important and meaningful it is to be able to communicate with people who have had similar experiences.

It must be tough having to think about the what ifs and consider what may happen at the court hearing. In some ways I understand our partner not waning to face up to the possibilities ahead. It must be freighting for him.

All the best to you both. I like Tony's idea of future plans too.

Cheers from Dools

Hi Tony,

Thanks for all your information and advice!

It is really helpful!

Have a great week

Gem

GemAndLogan
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Dools,

Yes, we are both pretty scared. Never ever saw ourselves in a situation like this.

Just hoping for a positive outcome and enjoying our time together at the moment.

Thanks again!

All the best to you too

Gem

Hi Gem,

As I've not been in your situation, I can only imagine how scared you are both feeling.

Hopefully you will be able to get help and support along the way.

Please know this is a safe place to share how you are feeling. If you want to just vent and let it out, that is okay. Knowing that someone else cares can make a huge difference to how we see ourselves and our troubles.

Despite all that is happening, I hope you are both able to find things to do together to help ease some of the tension. Build up some lovely memories now. Make time to enjoy today if you are able to.

From Dools