FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Painfully lost and lonely

Speak Your Truth
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Growing up in a dysfunctional family I felt extremely lost, lonely and nervous as a child. I have never been able to shake it off and all my adult life it has been hovering somewhere in the background, if not the foreground. Because of recent events it’s back now with a vengeance, and the pain of it is gut wrenching.

The crowds of people and the noise in a lot public places can be overwhelming and exhausting. I see groups of people together, families, couples, friends, and of course individuals like myself. Some of them will possibly be people on this forum. Everyone will have their stories to tell and a lot of them will be difficult. How I do wish that we could get together, share a coffee and help each other feel better. This forum is as close as a lot of us can get.

I feel so sad, lost, lonely, exhausted and my anxiety level is high. I don’t have family. I do know people but those closest to me are too far away to meet up with just for a coffee and chat. I’ve got neighbours but most of them I’ve dont even know what they look like, the ones that I do I am too afraid to admit my situation to because of the stigma of depression and anxiety, which I’ve experienced before. Sometimes I can’t be bothered showering as often as I need to, sometimes I only have basic food supplies and it’s too much effort to go to the supermarket.

How can I turn this around ? I am feeling quite desperate

10 Replies 10

Hello Grandy

We haven’t talked for ages. How have you been? I’ve seen somewhere a little while ago that you have been sick with a bad cold. I hope you are much better now.

I’m still struggling with my life. There seems to have been lots of extra challenges and no end to the challenges. It’s been the longest and hardest to beat episode I think I’ve ever had and so hard to understand.

thinking of you Grandy. Bye for now, hugs to you 🤗🤗🤗