FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Need to talk

Patches63
Community Member

Feeling lost, scared and angry at the world.

my 2 best friends and only friends I have in town where I live have both recently told me they are moving away and going to live in different towns.  One will be approx 5 hours one way drive away and other will be moving to small country town in different state.

I have PTSD and abandonment issues since childhood. Every time I get close to someone I loose them either through death or other reasons.  Having nightmares about people leaving and struggling with low mood/tears.  Have spoken to therapist who advised to look for positives in the situation.  My cats are great and not leaving my side.  So scared and upset of thought of not having anyone in my life

Patches

1 Reply 1

Sophie_M
Hey Patches63,

Thank you for sharing here today. It is completely understandable for this to be bringing up a lot of heavy feelings. It is a really tough time when our good friends move away. It sounds like you value them deeply and I am sure they are lucky to have you as their friend, too. 

It is great that you have your cats to keep you company. Pets can be the best supports when we are feeling low.

If you ever feel like talking, the Beyond Blue Support Service is here for you 24/7 on 1300 22 4636

Take good care of yourself Patches63 

Kind regards 
Sophie M