FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I feel like a horrible human being about what I said about my ex-girlfriend

o0 3ree6ixty 0o
Community Member

So for some back story me and my ex-girlfriend have been dating for 3 months and this is my first relationship and my ex we will call Taylor (not her real name) is 15 and I am 16  we both work at a McDonald’s together so we see each other quite often, I suffer from social anxiety, depression, and adhd I have a big problem with filtering some of my words, now that we have that covered, we broke up around 3 weeks ago  and she broke up with me in the middle of my shift and she gave me the excuse of that it wasn’t working out for her and that the relationship wasn’t what she expected it to be and that’s it she said sorry and left (by the way I didn’t Evan hear this from her I originally heard it from one of our friends) and so I was heart broken I had to go home early, so now to what I did I went to work the next day still heart broken and I was talking to some of my guy friends who happen to in relationships with some Taylor’s friends, I said to my guy friends a lot of graphic and vulgar things about her and as soon as I said those things it felt like a bullet when straight through my head and instantly regretted everything I said and so a few days past and I get a message from her she is pissed as she should be and we got into a huge argument about basically talking to our friends at work about the relationship at work when basically every one at our so work new that Taylor wanted to Break up with me before I did and so I apologized and said that I made a mistake and that I am human and I make mistakes and that I regret everything that I said and that I really want to be friends and I have given her around 2 week before communicating with her and I simply asked her how she had been and she said very defensively why are you suddenly hitting me up and I said because I still care about you we were in a relationship and I still care for you 

and ever since that she as been ghosting me online and at work I need some advice 

1 Reply 1

tranzcrybe
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

When hurt by those we love, our responses can be reactive instead of considered - you aren't a horirble human, and you have attempted to apologise to make amends.
I don't think your girlfriend was particularly compassionate in the way you were informed - these things are really best dealt with face to face in private (or an objective open space).
With any separation, we usually try to justify ourselves, more for the benefit of friends to 'save face'. Your girlfriend seems to have put them above your needs which is a little selfish but also locks in her decision to maintain credibility (which could be more why she is not communicating).
Sadly, you were last to know; but now you do it is best to hold your chin up and move on to your next love interest with just a little more experience... each and every time, until you find your perfect match. It might be hard to stay friends so try not to poke the bear. Things can change, but allow her to make the first move and then consider your options carefully.