FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Moving On

Kaynine_801
Community Member

Hi, this is my first post.
I have recently broken up with my girlfriend of 6 years. I am 27 and she is 31. We started to have problems with my commitment and her desire to start a family. For the last 3 years of the relationship we just weren't working that well together. So we decided to split which was instigated by her.

We have been apart for 8 weeks and we have been in some contact, but I recently found out that she is dating someone else already. I believe that she had set up this new relationship before we ended, as she had mentioned in a fight that there was someone else who was interested in her and I should watch out, and after running into them by accident she confessed that they have been dating for 3 weeks and that she had mentally prepared for our break up months ago.

I feel betrayed and destroyed by everything that has happened since we broke up, that she could move on so fast where I am so lost, confused and hurt. Is this guy better than me? Did she ever really love me? I still feel in love with her and care about her so much which makes this even harder. I am coming to the realisation that I need to move on and stop playing with the fantasy of us getting back together but I'm not making any progress in moving on. Any help?

10 Replies 10

Hi again Kaynine;

You've showed such restraint, humility, courage and conviction, not to mention handling your situation with maturity and forgiveness. What else is there to say my friend...absolutely brilliant!

I so admire and respect you and your choices. You're a legend!!

I'm sure as time goes on, someone worthy of you is bound to show up and lead you towards happiness. Surrendering to what we can't control is a sign of great character..well done!

Your new fan...Sara xo