FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Maybe more than a friend? But ignoring me now.

Nicole85
Community Member
Hi, I have been friends with a guy on and off for 19 years. He has wanted to be with me since the day he met me. I turned him down due to being a teenager and my friends etc. little did I know at the time it would be the biggest regret of my whole life. When he hasn’t had a partner so when we are allowed to talk we always manage to get in contact with each other. The universe somehow always manages to bring us back together. We are kind of like best friends. We hadn’t seen each other for 16 years but had talked through text. I knew he had depression so always helped him. He would go weeks ignoring my texts at times. His ex messaged me telling me a big secret of his that I didn’t know and he was ashamed to tell me that he is a drug addict including ice. Even though I hadn’t seen him for 16 years I rocked up at his house to see if he was ok as he was ignoring my texts as obviously ashamed. From that day we grew closer. He finally got the courage to start ringing me too occasionally. We could text and talk on the phone for a minimum of 7 hours easily at a time. I was married and had kids. I have now left my husband for him as we know we have something. We got real close as friends. Calling on phone and talking 3-7 hours a night and texts too. He even discussed us having a child together and even told his parents and sister about me and what he wanted he said. He even asked to see me and we met twice and watched movies as friends. It was so good and he wanted to do it more. He did ignore me for a week. I rocked up at his house and text multiple times during that week. He didn’t answer door or my texts. Then he text me saying he hated himself and not me then was like normal again and asked to see me. Then I agreed with him and I said I felt the same way and want to be more than friends. He said he does too but scared about what if we won’t work and we lose our friendship and than said he didn’t know what he wanted. Now he has ignored me for 3 weeks. Ignores all my texts and calls. He did text me about his kid a week ago but then nothing since. I rocked up last night at his house. He wasn’t home he was at a mates house I got told. Why is he ignoring me then? Is he not into me anymore or never was? He can go to his mates but ignores me. I even would send an encouraging good morning and goodnight message every day. So he can go to his mates but not text me? Also I got him off the drugs too. Do I just give up?? Thanks.
11 Replies 11

He has gone back onto the drugs again 😡

I understand how hard is get someone to go off addiction. Some will leave it forever or might go back. I donot know how long he was off drugs a month or a year or 2 but i tell you something a good advise let him make his own decisions. I have done that and i tell you he will just move more far away if he really is addicted because its really hard for them and they might just choose drugs over you. I would just advise you, what you did was great but dont let your dignity go down hill. You did your part, Let him face his own battles. Stop txting and calling unless he does. Let him be alone and if he needs help he will let you know. if you keep running for him you will waste your time and face severe depression. Let it go, my advise is talk to your friends and family it will ease off your burden. Do someting else like go to a park or do some activities with some friends, family or relatives. time will heal you bealive me. if you keep running you might just lose yourself. I know you are a strong person, it takes courage to stop someone from addiction but dont let it consume you. Let it go dear for your sake.