FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Losing my soul mate

KuriousJ
Community Member

Hi everyone. I had been with my partner for 1& half years and in February we had an argument and split up overnight. I am the one that  suggested the break up but really didn't mean it. I showered her with gifts for valentines day and also on her birthday which was the 20th. I  work away in the mines and stayed at her house during my RnR.. I thought everything was ok. She took a 2 week holiday in the USA with her sister and on her return I picked her up from the airport but it was like her feelings for me had changed. 

We did everything together and now I'm lucky if I get to see her now. I spent the day with her for my birthday which was in march. We were having lunch when she received 3 text messages from a guy called David. She said he was just a friend and she had gone out for drinks with him the week before. That ruined my day so I went home and got drunk. 

I flew in for RnR this Thursday night and stayed at her house over night. Slept in her bed and kissed and cuddled but nothing else. I'm feeling happy then I drove her to work. She told me she was going camping with some new friends she had made and I asked if I had an invite. She told me to bear with her and let her do her thing. I keep thinking she is with this David character. On Saturday she was sending me kisses and cuddles over text message. I don't know what to do. I have been drinking every day for the last 13 days and this morning I have had 4 beers. I know I need to stop but I'm lost.

i am 34 years old and financially secure.

11 Replies 11

Nige_S_E
Community Member

Kurious, don't forget the telephone councillors, people like Lifeline, Beyond Blue and Relationships Australia all have trained councillors to talk to at all hours. Use them, not the drink and drugs, all that will do is numb it for a while but you won't actually deal with anything. I know it's hard, really I do, but you need to face your pain and look at whats behind it. Not just the fact that you've split with your GF but what fear is that triggering to get you so low - abandonment, rejection etc. Get healing mate, there is people to help, drugs and drink will only block it and make it last longer.

Hang10
Community Member

Hi KuriousJ

Looking back at some old posts from times ago. Hope life is better for you 4 years on champion. It was a very hard time for you in your last post here.

All the best.

Hang 10.