FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

It wasn't supposed to be like this...

Franky1
Community Member

Ever since my wife left me all I do is come home from work and sit in the bathroom till its time to go to bed. I go to work the next day and pretend everything is normal then go home and do it all over again, sit in the bathroom in the dark.

its been over 1 and a half years...😞

5 Replies 5

Zeal
Community Member

Hi Franky,

Welcome to the forum!

Thank you for having the courage to post. It sounds like you have been deeply unhappy and unable to move forward, since your wife left. It is crucial that you seek professional help, as you need emotional support, and are also likely to be suffering from depression. Your regular doctor (GP) is a good place to start. Make an appointment, and explain your situation since your wife left. You will probably be offered a referral to a psychologist or counsellor.

If you need to talk to someone right now or when you are struggling at night, for example, call beyond blue's helpline on 1300 22 4636.

I'm glad you've come to the forum. It would be great to hear back from you!

Best wishes,

SM

Carmela
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Franky, you have taken a positive step in reaching out to Beyondblue.

As SM suggested see your GP and start the process to bring you back to a happy place. Don't underestimate the power in you to do this. You have planted the seed here Franky - lots of baby steps now will lead to big changes. I have been through a tough seperation/divorce some years ago and you may not believe it now, but you can and will heal from this pain you are carrying. Start now to uncover what things make you happy and give you joy. The darkness of your bathroom will not ignite the wonderful you the world is waiting to see.

Biggest blessing to you Franky. We await to hear from you again to get an update.

Carmela x

Starwolf
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Franky,

A warm welcome to these forums. Sharing your distress is a courageous, wise step.

We all deal with grief differently but some of us have trouble finding the way out of the process and need a helping hand to move on. Grief can easily trigger depression. If you scroll down to the bottom of this page, you will find a Depression Checklist in the Facts section.

I totally agree with the above advice. A visit to your GP will be a first step out of this dark head space. There is still a lot of life to be lived. You deserve to regain the incentive to participate in it, to gradually rediscover joy and peace of mind.

Kindest thoughts.

Franky1
Community Member

Thank you SM, Carmela, Starwolf1.

Thank you for your advice. I will see a Dr soon for a different matter but I will bring up my situation with the Dr aswell. I guess posting was the first step to breaking through, although I didn't relise it at the time.

Thank you again for caring and the positive thoughts.

God bless.

franky

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Franky

Well done in going to your doctor.

Well be here to chat when you are ready.

Tony WK