FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I'm a new mum & I feel like I'm trying

Popsicle
Community Member

Hello,

i have a 4month old baby girl who is beautiful. She is such an amazing baby. We laugh and smile all day. I take her to playgroups and the library which she loves. I'm involved in a Mothers group with some lovely ladies, but none that I've really 'clicked' with, or have the same sense of humour. The past few weeks I feel like I'm in a slow decline. We live in a city that is a 4hr flight from my best friend and mum. I'm having more 'can't be bothered' days and I don't feel 'bored' but just fed up and sad. Im hating where we live even though there's nothing to hate. I'm pushing my husband further away with my moods and snapping and I am apathetic. I feel ungrateful because there are so many amazing things in my life. . . I have a counselling appointment booked next week. I'm not entirely sure what else to do? I speak to my friends on the phone, my husband flew my bestie up for my birthday and it was amazing, I felt more me & had fun!

I just don't enjoy anything in life at the moment except my little girl. I'm just sad ...

10 Replies 10

MarkJT
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Popsicle, love the mind the bump app - a couple of mates use it.

Your posts are very re-assuring as you are using the app, going to yoga, taking bubs, supportive hubby, mums and bubs class...you are on the right course, absolutely.

Remember to be kind to yourself. You deserve it.

The positivity as pointed out by CMF above is contagious!!

Mark