FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

How to make friends in your 30’s w. BP

Tasa83
Community Member

This is a question not a statement. I’ve always struggled to make friends and keep them and I have trouble trusting people and people of always bailed so now I just expect that everyone is gonna bail so I stand back a little bit or I get so excited about having a new friend that I’m too full on and scare them away. I know I need friends; it’s important to have people in your life that will be there for you when times are really hard and will be there for you in times when you need a good laugh, but in your 30s when you’re not working and you have a mental illness like bipolar, it makes things a little bit trickier there is no tinder for friends that I know of so how do you make friends in your 30s when you have bipolar? thoughts?

my blog quote today was “I feel lik my whole life I have been waiting for someone to find me”

10 Replies 10

Peaceful Mayhem
Community Member

I too am in the same boat as you, mid 30s and no friends. Although, instead of bipolar I have high functioning anxiety and depression, which also makes it difficult to meet new people and make friends.

Am following this post in search of the answers too ♡