FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

How Do You Get Out There?

Guest_0753
Community Member

Can someone tell me what I would be doing wrong when I can't ever get a boyfriend or go out with friends. I am a more introverted person who works and stays at home as my two social places apart from shopping. What and where do you meet these sort of people and why does it seem to come so easily and naturally to other people to get someone special? Is it to do with the fact I don't have those Jlo looks , not obvious enough with flirting

What has worked for someone in the past?

23 Replies 23

I find it very hard to be upfront with a person due to the fact a family member was always unreasonable to get through. They never listened and would turn it all on us like it is our fault

Lmo hi and thanks for the reply please take your time with being upfront and open ok as I only ever want you to feel like you can open up ect ect ect whenever your ready to be and even if it’s something at first that’s extremely tiny so no rush or anything just when your comfortable or ready is all I meant.

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Dear LMO

Thankyou for sharing how you feel, I can see you are REALLY frustrated at the situation and how you see other ppl treating you.

It's perfectly understandable why you're feeling this way.

I'm so glad that mocha delight has reached out to you (and all the other members also)... mocha has shared her feelings and situation and I really see things happening for her... hugs to you sweet mocha.

And HUGS to YOU too sweet LMO... please don't think you have to CHANGE who you are to become friends with others.
You DON'T and even if you did then that's a bad idea IME.

Just a few points meant said with care:
* You're AWESOME
* you don't have to share your thoughts with everyone IRL, none of us can... if we did that all the time then wow...fireworks lol.
TACT is the key.
* you are entitled to CHOOSE whom you associate with (it's just a pity we may work with in your face ppl lol - there's a few at my work too... ugh).
* absolutely a "social life" will not appear "overnight" and nor should it, being selective is the key
* you WILL meet ppl who pith you off - it's simply a fact of life.
* how you deal with the pithers is completely up to you.
* you CAN learn how to set up boundaries for the pithers and openers for the nice ones you'd choose to spend time with.

Your life is at a crossroads it seems. You're uncomfortable with the way things have been. You're looking to make changes in the hopes you will become more happier.

There are no guarantees about anything in life but you will have to take "chances" and risks and engage with others to broaden your circle, as we have all had to do, and if you want to.

Love always
EM

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Mr Paul said:

Hi EM

"Why don't you want to date me?" by the comedian Nicole Byer.

I tried to listen to the podcast but gave up after about 5 minutes. I must be getting old!

cheers

LOL! Love your work Mr Paul!! lol... I'll respond on dl23's thread.

EMxxxx