FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Feeling pessimistic and disheartened about the future

Clover9312
Community Member

I’m 28 years old and I have reached a point where I feel quite scared of the future and pessimistic about what’s in store for me.

I worry about being single forever and Loneliness in general - despite having an active and satisfying social life.

I did have a special romantic relationship a couple of years ago. It was devastating when that ended, but I am still friends with my ex and see him regularly through work. I assure you that this has no real negative impact on my day to day life when I see him. It did take me a while to accept the break up, but I’ve spent a lot of time in therapy processing the experience. Sure, I do feel sad on rare occasions, but not like I used to.

I speak to a therapist weekly, I read and journal - all things contributing to my self development and that I’ve been proud of.

I felt ready to start dating at the beginning of the year again. I haven’t had much luck on the dating apps - nothing terrible, but no real connection with anyone and I don’t want to settle.

Since I do have an anxiety about the future and being single forever, I have to admit that I did something very regretful last night. I contacted a “psychic” tarot reader, who appears to be reputable when I look at her website. I ordered an email reading and I opened my inbox this morning to the most disheartening reading from her.

She told me that my heart chakra is blocked, possibly from me not processing my past relationship and she said that she can’t “honestly” see me finding love anytime soon, but it seems I will “eventually”. I have had tarot readings before that have been empowering - people interpret the cards in an inspirational way and give advice. But this left me feeling lousy! I know I have work to do and I definitely have been actively doing work on myself for a very very long time, but this in no way inspired or motivated me.

She just left me feeling broken. She didn’t try to make me purchase anything to “unblock this”, so I don’t think it’s a scam, but she has left me feeling like there isn’t much hope for the future. If she were able to intuitively look into my situation, she would’ve surely seen that I’m at least trying.

Anyway, it only fed into my fear of not finding a person I can connect with romantically and start a family with. My day has really been impacted.

I’m sorry that my post took a strange turn with the psychic element here! I really wish I hadn’t contacted this person for reassurance. I feel very alone.

10 Replies 10

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Dear Clover, there's no need to feel shame about seeing a psychic, none whatsoever! 

The only thing concerned me was your reaction to your sessions. 

Have you had your Natal Chart analysed by a trained Astrologer? There is so much positivity to be found in these. 

But your direction in life will stem from YOU. You're driving this baby. Sure plenty of people come into our loves over time and some of them may sway us off of our path but we can redirect and keep going or redirect to join WITH these people to create new paths. 

Is your interest in the esoteric present because you feel you don't have direction? or goals? 

Talk soon
Love EM