FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Feeling irrelevant

rhea93
Community Member

Does anyone else experience being a second choice and experience double standards from everyone around them, and if so, how do you deal with it? 

I feel like majority of people in my life treat me in a way that if I was to do the same, I would be/am looked at as a 'horrible person'.

I feel like I'm always the second choice, if it comes to making others happy/keeping the peace its always the other person, it's as if they feel that I'll just get over it, she can handle it, she'll be right etc. 

I brought up to an individual how a situation made me feel hurt and how I felt I had no one - their response was "that's natural".

It seems as if my feelings are irrelevant or not worthy, like I'm not given any thought.

Does anyone else experience this? 

1 Reply 1

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello,

I can only recall being 2nd choice when I was at school. But I also know some people who feel like second class in their own family - the unloved one. I am not sure if that is what you mean?

It can be difficult to feel like you're not being valued or appreciated by those around you. It's important to remember that your feelings are valid and deserving of acknowledgement. It sounds like you tried to communicate your feelings to people in your life, letting them know how their actions are impacting you. And their respond was not what you were expecting. 😞

I hope there are people around you who value and support you. You deserve to be treated with respect and kindness, and I hope that you're able to find that in your relationships.

Perhaps you might like to tell me a little more of your story? Or an example? 

I hope this makes sense. Listening ....