FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Family

ray-549
Community Member

Hey to put this out there my uncle who i haven't seen for 10 years got reintroduced to me and my younger sister, we have been in contact and he has came to our house many times over the course of a month or so

So the day before the incident ( that i will say in a sec ) my uncle came to our house after my dad - a man my uncle is semi scared off - went to bed, he was frantic and my mum said he was being manic, he was being very loud and swearing a ton, - so some backround on my uncle, he has adhd and has been on speed since the age of four, he has a medical prescription to smoke weed - so when he is in the house he is frantic and he says he hasnt eaten all day and asks for a few smokes and money to buy some food.

My mum only had 50's in the safe that is filled with firearms - for context i am a legal firearms holder and so are my parents - so my mum didnt really want to unlock the safe, she was about to say she asked me (while im on the couch monitoring my uncles movements) if i can give him my 20 dollars i earnt and i got up and gave it to him. when we finally get him to leave my mum locks the door and puts the dead bolt on hoping that that was the end of it. 20 minutes later there is a pound at the door, mum opens it and my uncle walks in with a small pizza and a 1.5 litre of soft drink. This whole time im trying to get my sister back to bed. he finally left mum was shaking.

1 Reply 1

Summer Rose
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Ray-549

It sounds like your uncle’s behaviour made you and your mum quite uncomfortable. I can understand this as his behaviour is not something you are used to, your dad was asleep and there was uncertainty about what might happen should your mum not be able to access a small note and therefore be forced to open the safe.

Sounds like you and your mum did everything just right to manage the situation and be kind to your uncle at the same time.

I’d like to encourage you to share your concerns about your uncle‘s visits with your mum and dad. Let them know how the recent visit made you feel. This is because managing your uncle’s visits sounds like something that your dad may need to do.
It could be that your mum has already spoken with your dad or that she is planning to (I know I would speak with my husband if I was in your mum’s shoes).

Kind thoughts to you