FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

A question

running_girl
Community Member

Has anyone ever wanted to move out from living with their partner because of arguing/incompatibility but are just too tired to make the move?

I’m tired from being depressed about my situation and lack of options. I also don’t know if I should stick with the relationship even though it’s flawed.

12 Replies 12

There is a myth that couples must be, and enjoy, doing everything together (and magically become equally competent simply by the other's presence!).
Whilst I wouldn't underestimate your partner's short fuse, it seems he enjoys being master of his domain - an escape and necessary pursuit to counter whatever ailments are accumulated throughout the week.
It may be a good time for you to head off to a friend's place or tend to other interests to avoid being in the firing line - shopping, hair dresser, spa/sauna - something to enhance and reconnect with you. At the same time, focus on things you enjoy doing together - maybe a Saturday date night, off to the movies, or some special treat.

Hello Running_girl, thanks for responding back to all of us, but going to bed at night time, you may or still even wonder what type of mood he is going to wake up with, so this could be causing difficulty to your sleep, trying not to toss and turn too many times, and heaven forbid if you decide to sleep on the couch because that could be a trigger.

Living with so many uncertainties creates an unstable and frightening relationship for you and understand living with your mother may be good, but know problems could arise from doing this.

Be careful.

Geoff.

Tranzcrybe,

I really appreciated your different perspective on what may be going on. It’s true we look at life through our own lens and I hadn’t considered that he may be used to his own company and finding the adjustment difficult. And instead of communicating this clearly he may be becoming extremely irritable and lashing out to those closest to him, I.e you. I think it’s important to dig a bit deeper and try and figure out what is causing this issue and whether this has been a pattern with him in previous relationships etc.