FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

PTSD trauma trigged

Guest_77853674
Community Member

I am 70 yrs old I was verbally abused by a 22 yrs old nasty ex granddaughter in law at shopping centre today.

She came to shops to be aggressive and drag my 11 month great grandson into the mix by grabbing him from his pram instead of talking about the domestic situation she is on a DVO for abusing my grandson her ex partner abd the dad who has their son in his care. I was verbally abuse for 15 mins, in the middle of the shops, I reacted grabbed by both her arms begging her to just stop. I was losing my balance i have 2 full knee replacements, hips issues and arthritis in both hands and we end up against a wall. Now I am being accused of assault and put on a DVO. I had NO INTENT to harm her I just want her to please stop yelling a swearing at me.

I don't know what to do. The police where rude aggressive and threatening when they came to me home to serve me.

1 Reply 1

Sophie_M

Hi there,

Thank you for your openness in sharing here. We are so sorry to hear about the situation that you were in. It sounds really awful and can only imagine how distressing it must have felt.

Is there anyone that you feel can support you through this? It is a lot for one person to manage on their own. If you ever want to talk, here are a few options:

1800RESPECT: We’d recommend reaching out to 1800RESPECT to get support with this. You can contact them on 1800 737 732 and they also have webchat here. They are experts in supporting people who are experiencing abuse and will listen in a kind, understanding and non-judgmental way.  

Blue Knot: You can also talk to Blue Knot about this on 1300 657 380 (available between 9am-5pm). Their experienced counsellors work with people who have experienced complex trauma.

You can also call the Beyond Blue Support Service on 1300 22 4636 any time, or reach us on webchat: https://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support    

We hope that this can help think about next steps at this really difficult time. Our community is always here to support you.

Kind regards
Sophie M