FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

nightmares and panic attacks

TJR
Community Member

hey, i suffer from depression, anxiety and PTSD. last night I had a nightmare and while i was asleep i had a panic attack.

this nightmare felt so real, i had to force myself to wake up just because of the panic attack i was having while asleep, i am pretty sure i was also shaking a little but i can't quite remember? is this something i should bring up to my psychologist? i am pretty terrified to go back to sleep in case it happens again.

10 Replies 10

Hey gablex,

Welcome to the forums, and thank you for sharing here. We're sorry to hear about the nightmares and panic attacks. That sounds incredibly difficult and we can imagine you'd be exhausted afterwards, but we think sharing with others here is a really powerful action, and it's really good to find connections like this and share your experience. We hope the suggestions on this discussion are helpful.

Just a heads up, since this discussion hasn't been posted to in a while, it might be a bit tricky for the community to spot your post and get back to you here. To get the most out of the Forums, we’d suggest starting a thread of your own if you’d like to share more of your story and your perspectives.

Thanks again for being open and kind in sharing what's going on for you.

Kind regards,

Sophie M