FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

LONG TERM SUPPORT PEER GROUP

Community Member

Hi all,

I haven't formally meet anyone yet.

I was going to go through ever thread to introduce my self but instead came up with this peer group thread.

"a group of people, usually of similar age, background, and social status, with whom a person associates and who are likely to influence the person's beliefs and behavior."

Seeing as we are all in the same thread area I think that makes us suitable for peer status.

A place to get to know each other in a safe calm environment.

It would be preferable if poster are from the "long term support over the journey" but I won't object to others posting.

Please chat............I'll leave it open.

Peace

Matt.

41 Replies 41

Community Member

Evening all its half 9pm ish,

Saturday was a blast. Had one of my best days yet. The pool was nice by the arvo. Did some zen walking and a nice meditation session at 2 ish. Even did my food shopping.

I'm replying to myself here, but thats okay.

Anyone keen to have a peer chat?

I'm open

Peace

Matt

Hi Matt,

Great to hear you had a 'best day'. I have one of those occasionally. I wish I could put my finger on what it is that makes me feel that way...I haven't had one for at least a few weeks. I Usually know fairly early on in the day that i feel different. It is easier to get motivated and actually achieve something for the day. At least you feel like doing something, rather than wtf! Or FTW. Same diff really.

I envy your food in the pantry. The shop is an hour away, and it is an effort at the best of times. I love living here, being remote and coastal, but after 16yrs I am so over the travel for simple day to day things. I haven't shopped for 6wks now. It does help the budget, as well as clear out the freezer. I don't look forward to being in the shop, either, cos in small communities, everyone can be too friendly. So id prefer to go even further and shop in anonymity really. It's nice to think of the mundane stuff sometimes!

Hopefully I'll have a good day next week and get out of the door. We can only live in hope.

Lee!

Guest_9809
Community Member

Morning Matt. Sorry I missed your invitation for a chat last night. I actually was feeling pretty awful and went to bed early. And then lay awake all night, of course! So it would have been nice to have had someone to have a peer chat with. Perhaps next time? (-:

Great to hear you had a top Saturday. I really admire how you have made progress happen since your December setback. You truly are an inspiring person. I think many of us can learn a lot from you, your methods and your attitude.

Just wondering if you have heard anything more on that part-time job you were offered? Judging from the way you have made such good progress of late, I think you are ready now to tackle something new. So hopefully it all happens soon. It will be good for you, something to get your teeth into and stimulate that 'enquiring' brain of yours.

Hello to all of the other regulars here, and also to any prospective newcomers. Have a good day, one and all.

Taurus x

Community Member
Hi there,

I'm on my medwalk and typing atst. Enjoying the #nature. I do believe the offer was said in gest. I haven't heard anything else.

I think I might take a more spiritual look into my further job prospects.

I'm thinking some kind of consulting for mental health. Using all my current talents in offer to serve the community in the name of God.

Using my extensive experience in all aspects, mental health, nutrition, philosophy and the meaning of love and grace.

My journey here has almost come to fruition.

Peace

Matt.

Guest_9809
Community Member

Hi Matt. I have now read a few posts from you today which seem to indicate that you no longer need us here, and that you plan to leave us. Although I selfishly wish that wasnt the case, I do appreciate that you need to do what is right for you and your boy. If that means leaving us all behind, then so be it. I honestly wish you all the very best. Its been lovely to see your journey through some really bad spots, and then to see you blossoming again toward the end. I really hope you have found what is right for you and that you can put it all together to make a wonderful life for you and your son. Your journey has almost come to fruition you said. That can only be a good thing. And I thank you for all the support and encouragement you have provided personally to me, but also to so many others, during the period of your membership here on the BB Forums. I had hoped you may be lured into becoming a Community Champion, but I guess that hasnt proven to be the case. Oh well, our loss.

Taurus xx

Community Member

Hi Taurus,

I don't need a badge to know I'm a champion. Peace.

I have given ownership of this thread to WISHFUL. Another champion.

But first I must give it my blessing;

BLESSING OF THIS THREAD

Let us pray to our Father in heaven,
who has given us this "LONG TERM SUPPORT PEER GROUP" . for our use.

(Moment of silence.)

Blessed are you, Lord God, king of the universe:
you have made all things for your glory.
Bless this ​"LONG TERM SUPPORT PEER GROUP"
and grant that we may use it in your service
and for the good of all your suffering people.

Father,
we praise you through Christ our Lord.

Amen!

Ok now its ready.

I will be back in 2 months.

Have fun peeps.

Matt.

Lifestruggle
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi

it is 2.57am and i am awake. I feel like everything is falling apart. I cry all the time and just aren't coping. I increased my meds and started taking karma to help me but it seems to calm down one symptom and increase another. I just feel like going somewhere and screaming.

I have very little support and have been trying to get through this but feel like I am heading for a breakdown again.

Someone please help me

i have tried to kill myself before and it's starting to come up on bad days. I just want to be normal, I just want to be happy, and I can feel it all fading away

Hi Lifestruggle,

Welcome to the forum!

I'm sorry to hear that things are really tough for you right now. Not being able to sleep is frustrating too. Do you often find yourself awake in the early hours of the morning? Is your doctor helping you with the meds adjustment? I hope you have a kind doctor who you feel comfortable talking to. Please talk to your doctor about the suicidal thoughts. It's crucial that this information is not kept to yourself. When you are at home and are having these bad thoughts, you can call Lifeline's 24/7 helpline on 13 11 14. This service is free and confidential, and available Australia-wide.

If you don't mind me asking, do you live alone? When you said you don't have much support, I was wondering about that. Living alone when you are struggling with your mental health is a lot of pressure.

So that this message isn't all heavy, I thought I'd say a little about myself. I'm a 24 year old female, live at home with my family, have a caring boyfriend, and I'm about to start studying postgraduate counselling/psychotherapy at university. I was diagnosed with OCD at 13, and I had an eating disorder at 19. I enjoy reading, communicating on this forum, walking and eating good food.

When you were well, what did you enjoy in your spare time? You can hopefully enjoy similar things in the future. It may not feel within reach now, but with regular professional support you can get there.

It would be great to hear back from you 🙂

Best wishes,

Zeal

Community Member

Hello all,

Just popping in to make sure that all well and I have some fantastic news. I will be starting a certificate 4 in counselling mental health. I should be starting this by early next week as I already have all the matters processing

I will be doing it all on lines through open colleges. 120 hours of on site training. I am super excited.

Anyway, I hope all is well and I will pop back in again soon

Peace ✌

1113 EA Matt ✌

Zeal
Community Member

Hey Matt,

Congratulations on your course - it sounds fantastic! Using your personal experience to help others is great.
Is this a big career change for you?
I'm starting postgraduate counselling and psychotherapy later this month, which I'm also really excited about. We may be studying some similar topics!

Best wishes,

Zeal