FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

LONG TERM SUPPORT PEER GROUP

Community Member

Hi all,

I haven't formally meet anyone yet.

I was going to go through ever thread to introduce my self but instead came up with this peer group thread.

"a group of people, usually of similar age, background, and social status, with whom a person associates and who are likely to influence the person's beliefs and behavior."

Seeing as we are all in the same thread area I think that makes us suitable for peer status.

A place to get to know each other in a safe calm environment.

It would be preferable if poster are from the "long term support over the journey" but I won't object to others posting.

Please chat............I'll leave it open.

Peace

Matt.

41 Replies 41

Hi Lee,

Thanks for thoughts and allowing us to get to know you.

I personally like my Dr's. I just feel that there are so many illnesses and people that it's hard them to keep up with the demand.

I feel the system should be looked into rather than attacking people individually.

The amount of medication pumped out to the general public for illnesses is astronomical.

I would love to bring a more natural and spiritual aspect to mental health issues in Australia.

I feel that would ease the ever growing population and stress on GP'S hospitals, unnecessary medications, etc etc.

I also have no interest in insurance companies. That's a problem for someone else.

I'm not supposed to be login in atm. But was typing while medwalking. Back to my retreat.

There's the most spectacular sunrise. Wish I could post picts.

Peace

Matt.

Thanks Matt

It is a beautiful morning today.

I agree that the health system is sick. Things have to change, especially with the increase in aging population. I see more robotic surgical procedures are happening, so it is likely that health care will undergo a technological revolution, like so many other sectors have.

I like my Drs too, it is one tough gig. Drs have a 4x higher suicide rate, mental health is a huge issue for them.

Totally agree with the amt of Meds dished out. When people are on multi scripts, be it for heart or whatever,there must be interactions that we just don't know about. I think that ADs & prob a lot of other drugs have been hyped up by big pharma. It's great that they work for some people, but the stats vs placebo are a bit sad.

Ive been looking into the gut-brain thing and the microbiome. It all makes sense to me. Our microbiome is massive, and we've probably killed it off/unbalanced it with all the antibiotics, even in our food. I've read a few posters say they feel better for taking probiotics, so that is on my list, when I can get to a shop next (1 hr away). Very interesting stuff, though lots of radical, over the top type diets that aren't 'tested' but there is a growing amount of credible evidence about the importance of it for both general & mental wellbeing.

Lee

Hi Lee,

I would be very interested in seeing future technology assisting the human brain. Kinda half cyborg.....cartoon humour.

I personally cannot eat anything with extreme chemicals, I feel it 1 hr after eating and usually my body and mind feel unstable. My personal diet is working wonders for me. All fresh as much as possible. Absolutely no alcohol.

Here is a thought for the future.........

I don't know what it could do for this generation. Or people with clinical type illnesses but I do believe it may help the next-generation of children.

I feel some kind of government intervention at the primary school level would be worth investigating. I may help ease future stress on the holistic picture. GP'S, GOVERNMENT, MEDICARE, FAMILIES, PEOPLE ETC.

Maybe something along the lines of mental awareness training including sport that includes an extreme amount of focus training. Tai Chi or even something newly invented would help. I currently play a cool mindfulness game with my son.

I think that if the young children where taught to control their thoughts and not the other way around, future environmental type mental illness may be prevented. It would also improve class attention spans and boost intelligence. Building a brighter future.

I have been drawn into this topic.

Peace

Matt.

Yes, our education system is sadly lacking in teaching life skills. We see western education as such a privilege, but so much time is wasted teaching things that will be useless for life.

The 'underprivileged' cultures without formal education probably learnt more relevant things for living happily just by being/sharing together on a daily basis. How different our world might be if, instead of imposing 'the 3Rs' onto all cultures, we didn't take the opportunity to see what parts of their way of life might have been included into our education system to improve it. Even home-schooling must conform to strict guidelines, but I guess there are more hours in the day to teach the important things in life to our kids.

I'm still working out a lot of it for myself, so I would be unqualified to be wholly responsible for teaching my son. Community life & support was important in the past, losing that now.

Wow, I'm really surprised how that rant developed, but it is something I have been feeling frustrated about. Worried for my sons future. What will the future be like. How will he cope. How will anyone cope? I do think I would've been better off if born 20 or 50 or xxx years ago, or maybe in a different culture, without the technology. I yearn for a simpler life, a slower pace, less expectations. I am learning this, so perhaps it can be part of my future strategy.

Matt, would you mind sharing your mindfulness game? If not, that's ok, but I would love to be able to share something like this with my son. We all need all the help we can get.

Lee!

Just Sara
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Apologies Matt!!

I'm sorry my words were taken as disrespectful, I meant no such thing. I obviously misinterpreted your what you said and am really sorry my inference to 'justice' wasn't appreciated for how it was supposed to read.

The issue at hand was and is an emotive and political minefield. I sometimes get carried away, but did not intend to cause harm to you or others, and would like it if we could continue our friendship as it has been.

I take full responsibility for the thread being locked and seek your forgiveness for this; I know it meant a lot to you.

Feeling shame and guilt...

Sara

Community Member

Hi Sara,

No probs at all. I can see how others would find it hard to appreciate.

I will do what chris said and take that topic to another forum.....

I would feel privileged to remain your friend.

I'm off to take my boy to piano lesson, id be happy to chat more later.

Lee,

I will share that a bit later. Bit busy atm.

Chris B,

Appreciate your kindness and honesty. Cheers.

Peace and friendship to all.

Matt.

Just Sara
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Thankyou Matt;

...with humility and gratitude...

Sara

What a great idea this thread is, I will come back and post more when I have my thoughts together more 🙂

In the meantime, hello to those I know and to those I have yet to properly meet 🙂

Hi Narelle, and welcome to his thread that Matt created for us all. Good to see you in here.

We have met, as I have posted to your thread, so in our case .... hello again.

Hi Sara, we have also met, although I havent come across you in a little while. Nice to see you again anyway.

Matt, when you drop by again ......... I miss having you around. Enjoy the next few days at your retreat.

Anyone else lurking around - hey come on in and introduce yourself. The more the merrier.

Taurus xx

Community Member

Morning all and welcome,

I had the best sleep last night, the best in 6 months. Only woke a few times and feel at peace this morning.

I do believe this thread to be valuable for all..Thanks Taurus, you cease to amaze. The more the merrier indeed.

The whole concept of peer group support is very interesting to me.

"a group of people, usually of similar age, background, and social status, with whom a person associates and who are likely to influence the person's beliefs and behavior." - google.

I have a dream, I dream of peace. In today's day and age this is a belief that is going to take some time to influence. I this see so clearly. I must find peace within myself first. No resentment towards others, no animosity towards others and myself. Finding morals within myself and looking for those similar morals within others here in this long term support Peer group.

Peace: freedom from disturbance; tranquillity."he just wanted to drink a few beers in peace"

synonyms:tranquillity, calm, calmness, restfulness, peace and quiet, peacefulness, quiet, quietness, quietude,silence, soundlessness, hush, noiselessness, stillness, still;

More2.a state or period in which there is no war or a war has ended."the Straits were to be open to warships in time of peace"

synonyms:law and order, lawfulness, order, peacefulness, peaceableness, harmony, harmoniousness, accord, concord, amity, amicableness, goodwill, friendship, cordiality, non-aggression, non-violence. - google.

Do believe the this must include equality. Being open minded to accept anyone as they are..

I hope you all have a wonderful peacefulness weekend.

I'm off to do what a father does best and look after his son.

Chat soon

Peace

Matt.