FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I spent my whole life pretending that everything is fine when it wasn't (sexual abuse)

Ghost_76
Community Member
I'm new to this. Just needed to talk to someone... anyone... need to know I'm not crazy
187 Replies 187

Ghost_76
Community Member

Hello my dear friend, Birdy

Sorry I've been quiet for a while, but I'm riding a roller coaster at the moment. I'm still in hospital, but we'll leave it at that.

How are you doing? Is your family issue sorted? You know you can tell me. I'm a good listener. It's also fine if you don't want to. It's just that you and Criox are always there for me, so I want you both to know that I'm always here if you need to talk.

Best wishes and a hug,

Your friend, Always

Ghost

xx

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Ghost~

I really appreciate that offer. It takes a special sort of person to worry about others when in hospital, I'm afraid I've been too wrapped up in myself when on a ward.

I found that it was frightening and boring all at once, and those books the nurse gave me made a huge difference. Is there anything you have to let the mind escape for an hour or so?

Croix

Ghost_76
Community Member

Hi Croix,

My offer always stands. I'm a good listener... I just suck at taking advice. I'm my own worst enemy...

I try to read or watch a movie, but I find it pretty hard to concentrate. I'm struggling with the whole mindfulness thing, but I'm trying. If and when I'm allowed to go for a walk outside the hospital grounds, I like doing that. I walk as fast as I can until I feel like I'm going to collapse. Sometimes that quiets my mind for a bit. And music.... I listen to music a lot... Focussing on the lyrics, because that seems to distract my thoughts.

I really hope that you are doing well. If not - I'm always here to just listen (or read).

Take care,

Ghost

Birdy77
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Dearest Ghost,

It is so, so good to hear from you!

You never need to apologise, but it always lifts my spirits to see you have posted. The rollercoaster you are on is exhausting, & your spare energy needs to go where it needs to go, & if it's too hard to post here at any time, that's completely understandable. I think of you so often, and I often want to post a little message in here to you, but i never want you to feel pressured.

Have you been on that ride, I know there's one at Luna Park, where it's like a fat cylinder and you stand on the inside perimeter of the cylinder, and then the cylinder starts to spin, really fast? And then it starts to tilt as well as spin? And at first you think, this is fun ... this is cool ... & then there's this precise point where it's decidedly unfun & you want to get off and you wish you'd never come to Luna Park in the first place?

Well, I was on that ride in my mind last week (instead of the roller coaster). I had 103 different actual pressures, plus I started to conjure up some pretend ones as well, just to spice it up. It is amazing my head didn't spin off.

Anyway, all is calm again this week, but I'm seriously exhausted. I feel very old and tired. You know that depleted feeling after expending every single piece of emotional energy you have inside you?

The recent annoying family hassle (i have an array of family issues to choose from) is on the backburner. Thank you both for your care, this one is more of an irritation & I think I'll run out of characters here if I start on it now. Suffice to say I was getting a head of steam up about a list of injustices, ready to confront a certain family member, & they didn't show up. Maybe a tale for another day.

I am glad you are able to go for those big walks, that must feel really good, to walk & walk, and feel your muscles & your lungs and focus on that for a bit.

I understand that difficulty of concentrating on books and movies when feeling so low. Focusing on lyrics sounds like a good distraction from your mind. What music are you loving at the moment? I listen to most of my music through Spotify at the moment so I'm coming across new stuff which is always good. I've been enjoying Leon Bridges a lot lately and just discovered Curtis Harding. Also Kllo.

I am going to try to get to the beach later for a walk: I will draw in strength from the waves & calm from the blue sky & send it your way my friend, & I will look for clams for Croix the angel-walrus.

🌻birdy

Birdy77
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
❤ Thinking of you ❤

Ghost_76
Community Member

Dear Birdy,

It's been a very long time and I hope that you are doing well. I just wanted to check in and see how you're going.

Sending a hug xx

Birdy77
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Dear, dear Ghost ❤

It is so amazing to hear from you!

I have thought of you so often over the months, and sent you strength and love silently, hoping so very much that you were ok and taking care of yourself.

For now i just want to send you a big fat hug and say thank you so much for posting

I want to hear how you are, and all sorts of thinhs, but but just for now, please know that you made my day posting that message, jt was such a wonderful surprise - and i hope to hear more from you soon.

❤❤❤

🌻birdy

Ghost_76
Community Member
Dear Birdy,

Thank you for the hug. I'm hoping that you are doing well. Please let me know.

As for me... let's just say that the can of worms I opened is so much bigger than I could ever imagine.

I thought I had my life all figured out and that I knew everything that happened, but I was so wrong. It's a mess and I'm more lost and confused than ever before. It's painful and messy.

I really thought that I would have figured it out by now... but it seems like it's a much bigger monster and I don't know if I'm ever going to be normal again.

I hope that you are coping with everything that's happening at the moment. I'm sending you a huge hug.

🌻🌻♥️♥️

Ghost

Ghost_76
Community Member
Hi,
So... It's been a while since I've been on here. It seems like a lifetime ago.
So much has happened during this journey of mine. Every time I think I have things under control, a new wave hits me and I feel that it's never going to end.

I've come to realize that it's a very lonely journey. You isolate for so many reasons... for me TRUST is probably the biggest thing and of course feeling like a burden by just being alive.

Abandonment and rejection has also played a huge part. I read this quote that said: "Don't depend on anyone too much in this world. Because even your shadow leaves you when you're in darkness." I've learned this the hard way.

I also feel that I betrayed myself in a way. It seems what I knew was only the tip of the iceberg. It feels like it's never going to end. It's painful and exhausting.

People expect you to just get over it. I wish I could. I'm trying really hard to get my head above water and I would give anything to just get over it. 

I really hope that everyone is doing okay. I'm sorry for disappearing for so long and just showing up again.

Ghost

Birdy77
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Huge hugs back to you ❤

I thumbed your post this morning when i saw it, but i havent had a chance to answer, but hope to tomorrow.

I am glad to have you back here, but ...

I am so sorry you're hurting so much, but please know that you're not alone.

Even though our shadow disappears in the darkness, it's still there, it doesn't abandon us, it's just camouflaged.

I am going through my own very difficult time the last few weeks, Big Can Of Worms right along side you.

I will try cone talk to you tomorrow.

You are not alone.

Your friend,

🌻birdy