FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

how do i stop crying

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
I feel so alone,i dont have many friends or anyone who wants to know what i am going through.I just find my self just breaking down and crying.I just want some one to listen and not to judge me.
784 Replies 784

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Sarah I hope you have a good Easter.I have no idea about Easter this year covid through a spanner in the works again.

Hey Mark

I am so sorry to hear that the past few days have been really tough for you. I was just thinking on Tuesday how many people you are supporting and how often I see you on so many different threads and I think it is wonderful and so very amazing it is that when you are feeling so overwhelmed and so sad that you are able to reach out and chat with others Mark, this is such a beautiful quality about you and I wanted to say thank you, that I see you around here and I appreciate your support to others.

I don't really have many plans for Easter, just some time at home and catch up with some friends and family and hang out with the kids. I am taking a few extra days off to spend with them as it is school holidays starting here today. Are you up to anything over the long weekend?

Huge hugs to you my friend and thinking of you today as always and hope a smile will appear on your face.

Sarah xxx

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi Sarah I don't know what's happening over Easter.My kids are sick with the flu and think are get tested today.Covid has just thrown spender in the works again for Easter.
I am just on a bit of slow at the moment.I have been put on some new medication that's for my physical health but has a huge list of side effects and I don't if it's do with that or the covid stuff up here mentally draining me.
Take care,
Mark.

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Another lonely old day for me.

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Feeling the lonelyness thinking it would get easier as time went by but just seems to get harder for me again.

Hey Mark

I am so sorry that things have been tough for you and you have felt so very alone. I know we have said this before but time sometimes does not equal healing and I am not a supporter of "time heals all wounds"...I am not sure there is a recipe for it either, if there was we would all be in a very different situation to what we are managing now.

I do know that trying different things has helped me no end, that when I felt like all was lost and that I had tried everything, along came the hypnotherapy and really ...well..changed everything..it worked for me and I can really say it made a huge difference in my life. Maybe there is something that will do the same for you, something that you have maybe not even thought of yet but will present itself to you.

How has today been for you so far? My kids are on the second week of school holidays and I did spend some time with them doing a few things last week, but back to work today and they are with their dad and cousins this week.

Huge hugs to you my friend and I am ever so proud of you for still being so supportive and being so active here in this space and reaching out to others when you yourself are not feeling the very best, a true testament to your character and to your heart.

Chat soon and am thinking of you.

Sarah xxx

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi Sarah I just had the kids picked up.I will get them again friday for a couple of days.Their mother is taking them to their grandparents on Sunday for a late Easter since it was cancelled due to covid.
I haven't been feeling the best of late.I am on new medication for something and don't know if that is causing me side effects.I am feeling so lonely of late and miss having someone to talk to.This is probably the only place I talk to anybody.
Going into town tomorrow to get a new tire fitted for my bike.I will try and do a few things when I am in there.Probably be cold in there.
I am sorry your cats lost on the weekend.The bombers lost again,sort of use to it now.
Take care,
Mark.

Hey Mark

Great news that you are getting the bike tyre checked out, maybe when it is done and you are feeling up to it you could start some small rides, to get back into doing what you love.

How have you been going with the new meds since last we spoke? You were having some concerns that they were interfering with your feelings and thoughts, have you been able to chat to someone about this and see if the dose should/could be adjusted? I am sorry that of late things have not been so great and you have been feeling so lonely, but as you say, we are here, we do care and I want to remind you of that. We are not here as we have to be ...or should be...or get paid to be...I am here to chat to you as I have been for a while as I do care and I am interested in your wellbeing and helping in any way I can. I just wanted to remind you of that as we can forget when things seem so overwhelming.

I hope that you can have some nice time with the kids on Friday and that they are doing well too. Last day of the school holidays and then back to routine.

I am not sure what happened to Geelong over the weekend. They really seemed like they lost it from the start. I guess they are human too and have good days and bad days, and at the end of it all it is just a game of footy!

It is my mother's birthday today, the first one that I have not been able to celebrate with her here. I know you will know of the feeling, I am not sure what to do with myself really. Do I get some flowers? Do I make a meal that is somewhat special? not sure..I guess I will just go with it and not put too much pressure on me and just do as I feel as the moments pass...I sure do miss her.

The weather is starting to really get cold here which is not great..the heater is on at night and the hot water bottle is out of the cupboard and getting used...winter here we come.

Great to chat to you my friend and let's hope for a great weekend of footy for both the Bombers and the Cats.

Hugs to you Mark

Sarah xx

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Sarah yes I know hard it will be for you today with your mother's birthday.It is a really strange feeling and I know it made me miss my mother even more.I remember day taking me shopping when I was a kid to buy my mother a present for her birthday and we were usually on holidays at the beach so they were like souviniers I use to buy.They are in my China cabinet here.

I got the new tyre on yesterday and went for a ride this morning and stopped off at a coffee shop and came home.The new tyre had marvelous grip really felt confident with it.

I haven't made appointment with my doctor yet going to do it when school goes back and I need to get the flu vaccine and I want to discuss the covid vaccine with her.I don't think this new medication is working but I will give it a bit more time.

Hopefully the bombers and cats can win this week.I don't know if I told you the reason I support Essendon but when I was a kid we went to a town called Esk and the next day I put the footy on and Essendon was playing Richmond and I went for Essendon as I thought the name was similar to Esk and Essendon one that game and I followed them ever since.And when I watched that game it was on a black and white tv so you could imagine how hard it was working out who had the ball for a little kid.

It's starting to get cold here it won't be long and I will have the fire going.

Take care,

Mark.

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi all I went to the doctor's yesterday and got put on some new medication for the pain I am in.The doctor took one look at me and said to me that I looked like I am in a lot of pain and I said I am.The one he'd put me on had been working but spaces me out a bit.I couldn't see my doctor yesterday but I saw an intern and he seemed really good.He sent me for some more scans tomorrow and see if they show anything.I thought he was good that he could notice the pain in my face.O have been a bit quiet on here thats why.

Take care,

Mark.